Friday 9 February 2007

PICTURES!

I'm back! With pictures as promised! How cool!



On Thursday, Mummy, Wei Xian and I went down to Ikea. Mummy picked Wei Xian up from Chai Chee Secondary School's bus stop. And, NO, Wei Xian's not my boyfriend lol. Just a very very very very VERY good friend whom Mummy knows too.

So we went to eat first when we got there. And I got TEN meatballs!
DON'T THEY JUST LOOK SO MOUTHWATERING?! The jam and the sauce just went so well together!

We walked around Ikea a little too 'cos Mummy was looking for cutleries. She couldn't find what she thinks is good though. So we continued walking. And guess did I bump into????? CHRISTINE DARLING!!!!!!!!!!

She was pretty anxious about her O level results haha. Which was not necessary because SHE GOT 12 POINTS. And Huan Yuet darling got 11 points!!!!! I'm so proud of them man. Very.

I also bought a smoked salmon sandwich from Ikea's bistro. It wasn't as good as I expected it to be. Disappointment.

We walked over to Courts. Realised Courts was trying to be like Ikea. Restaurants and cafes and bistros. *shrugs* I still think Ikea is more original.

Courts wasn't customer friendly either. Had to go all the way up to the third floor just to enter. And the exit was at a different door also. Cutleries were HELL EXPENSIVE. Minimum S$300++ for ONE SET. Siao. Daylight roberry ar.

We didn't have anything to do afterwards so Mummy sent Wei Xian home. Mummy drove pass our ooooold house. A semi-d. Moved in only when I was 2 months old. Moved out when I was a year plus old. LOL.

Our side was rebuilt though. So it kinda defeated the purpose of driving there. But it's still ok la 'cos it was on the way to Wei Xian's house. So after dropping Wei Xian off at his house, we went home. TO BAKE! I was really really excited maaaaan haha.



I took out all the ingredients...

AND THE NEW MIXER!
The new mixer is really cool ok. The bowl turns on its own! This may not be new to some of you la but before that I was using this reeeaaally old mixer. Have to hold one. One hand hold mixer one hand hold bowl haha. But this one is just so different!


Ok so you beat the eggs, sugar, butter, peanut butter and flour.


And you chop the peanuts! Mummy used the rolling method though haha. Much faster. And fun-er. But I felt bad letting Mummy help me. It was supposed to be I bake for HER and DADDY. Lol. But nevermind la. We had quality time spent together x).


You mix the "chopped" peanuts into the cookie mixture! It really looked like the crunchy peanut butter man. Just crunchier than it should be lol.


You grease the baking tray...



And drop the cookie mixture tablespoon-ly/teaspoon-ly depending on your liking.


AND THEY SHALL GO INTO THE OVEN TO BAKE!


Aren't they just looovely?! Ok, yes, I know there's a half eaten one lol. Mummy and I were testing them.


My second batch was smaller though haha.


Mummy flipped them over and rebaked them because the 20-year-old oven only has heat from the top lol. This is the second batch by the way.


THIRD BATCH! It just gets smaller and smaller! =D


Just look at the different sizes man lol. The first batch is named the Australian cookie size, second batch is named the Singapore cookie size, third batch is named Chinese New Year cookie size HAHA. And yes, Australia's cookies are much bigger than Singapore's.

Just when you thought THAT was over.....
















Surprise surprise!



I baked some heart-shaped ones too! But only 20!


Are you one of the special and lucky ones who got the heart-shaped cookie? =D Not everyone gets it I tell you! So far only Sherry and Eng Kwan got one each. Daddy and Mummy will get one each too. Grandma will get one too!


And here I present to you, Double Peanut Cookies!



Awesome awesome!



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: