Monday 15 May 2006

Sunday? Mothers' Day =)

Yay! I'm blogging in school again! Well, no, I'm not doing picture blogging because I'm in a class so I'm only allowed to blog about what happened yesterday. Why? Because if the teacher sees the pictures, she will surely know I am not doing my work. I'm supposed to do research on "Fall of Singapore" during WW2. But There's nothing much I can find in the books in the library because...well, Singapore's just one of the small major factors, unlike those HUGE major factors.



Alright on Sunday I woke up at around 8.55. Went to shower and everything and realised that bus 75 only comes at 10.52. In other words, I was super early. So I had time to waste. Then I went to check the timing for bus 34 and realised that the bus comes a bit later than 10.12, which is about 10.15-10.20. So Twinny and I took our time.



When we were about to leave the house, we had LOTS of problems. How to lock the door, how to lock the alarm. I knew the code but I didn't know if I activated or de-activated the alarm. Then we kept forgetting things like calculator and jacket. Well, ok fine, it was me, not Twinny. After much hassle, we finally managed to lock the house and go off taking bus.



Bus 34 took very long to reach the city. Close to an hour. So Twinny had motion sickness on the bus, again, so I kept keeping the conversation going. When we finally reached the city, we went to buy the Mothers' Day rock candy then went to check if Target was open. No. So we went to Myers to find Jessica. Then we went back to Target. Still not open. So we went to Carillion City to buy gelato ice cream. I had my usual cookies and cream and something I cannot remember. Ha! Then Yuki came to meet us. Then we went to Target. Still not open. But it opened after a few minutes.



In Target, we showed Yuki where she could buy her ushering clothes. Then Jessica followed Yuki around while Twinny and I went off to buy the things we needed to buy. I got a teddybear for Mishi for her birthday. Hehe a bit late but bleh nvm =P. Then we got some snacks, then we went upstairs to try and find the massaging thing for Aunty but we couldn't find. Twinny ended up buying DVDs. Smart. So we went down and got the whole bath set for Aunty. With body soap, shampoo...all those stuff, in Lavender smell.



When we cleared the cashier and were about to leave, the censor beeped. It was one of Twinny's DVDs. The guy deactivated it and we were off to go! The blouse Yuki got was same as Twinny's and mine. =_=" So off we go to Kim Chi House!



Shelina was sitting outside Tea Fusion waiting for us. Kim Chi House wasn't open. Sobs. So we decided to go eat some Penang restaurant. On the way, we passed by Saigon and I was like "I wanna try the Saigon chicken rice...can?" So everyone decided to eat in Saigon. Twinny followed obligedly. Yuki and I ordered Siagon chicken rice, Jessica ordered some hot plate dish and Twinny ordered her stewed beef that didn't come the night before. Shelina had her lunch already so she only ordered a cup of durian juice. Ohoh I ordered avocado smoothie and Jessica ordered carrot juice. Eeeee...



When our food came, we ate like hungry foxes. When Shelina's durian juice came, everyone gave it a try. We were like *BAM* off to heaven!!!!! The durian smoothie was damn damn damn damn damn nice! My avocado smoothie too! But of course it wasn't as nice as the durian juice. Yes! We've found a substitute for Tea Fusion already! Sorry Tea Fusion! The Saigon chicken rice was superb too...the skin, the meat...woohoo!



After lunch, we made our way down to City Library. When we were about to go in, we saw some HK college friends outside the library smoking. I was like "quit smoking lah!" in chinese. He was like "I smoke already" in chinese. Diaooo. We went up to the second floor and only found one small table. So Shelina, Twinny, Yuki, Jessica and I shared that table. Jay went off to get his things photocopied then sat at another individual table near us.



Everyone took out their mp3 player to listen while studying. Everyone except Twinny and Jay. Lol but Twinny was funnier because Twinny was at our table and she was the only one at our table without a mp3 player. And so we studied. I did accountings, Shelina did economics I think, Yuki and Twinny did chemistry while Jessica did Discrete Maths. Jay did chemistry too. WITH the help of Shelina ^^.



At around 3.15 Yuki went down to meet her friends and when she came back she said she saw her homestay brother. She said he was wearing green so Jessica and I decided to walk around the library finding him. When we couldn't find him, we pretended we were on the way down to the toilet. When we came back up, Shelina went down to meet her sister. Wow. Busy table. For the rest of the time, Shelina and Jay were very noisy because Shelina was helping Jay and Jay kept making...I don't know. Doing stupid things. Ha!



At around 4.15, Shelina, Jay and I decided to have a break so we went to a supermarket to buy drinks. Shelina bought one bottle while Jay bought one packet and one can. I tried all and only the bottled and canned one were nice. I can't remember what they were already so if you really wanna know what they are, go ask them yourself. ^^



When we went back, it was only about 15 minutes more before the library closes. So I packed my things and all the girls except for Yuki walked around in search of cute guys. Haha! Yuki's homestay brother no cute one xD but we saw our HK college friends again. Twinny and Jessica kept talking to them. Shelina and I went back to continue packing our things.



When we finally left the library, we decided to go TIMEZONE! I spent 20 there. Grabbed a few useless kittens that I have already. Took neoprints (was forced to! Don't give me that look!), saw Jay play the shooting game, the coin game, looked at Shelina play DDR, looked at Yuki play the drums and Shelina and I played Daytona. I lost to her for the advance map but won her for the expert map! Woohoo! Hehe.



After walking out of timezone, we saw Nic, Faith, Junie and Jazper. Nic wanted to borrow my card =_=. Take lo. Then Faith wasn't wearing any shoes 'cos her feet had blisters. She only had socks on. They went to China Dragon for dinner while we went to Kim Chi house for dinner. At Kim Chi House, I told them to help me order my share for me while I went out to make a phone call back home in Singapore.



I called my grandma's house number. Someone picked up the phone.

Me: "Hello? Um...this is De Xin..." (everyone was at my grandma's house so I didn't know who picked up the phone. Could be my mum, one of my aunts or cousins)

Person over the phone: "De Xin! It's Mummy ar! Darling! How are you???"

MUMMY!!!!! Yayyyyy!!!!! So I wished her Happy Mothers' Day and asked to talk to Grandma. So when Grandma took over the phone, I wished her Happy Mothers' Day too. Then we chatted, about life here, about me promising to get Grandma a doraemon for her belated birthday and about my studies. Then the phone was handed back to Mummy. I asked for Daddy. Daddy talked about how I should take care of myself, how I should study hard. Usual stuff. Then the phone was handed back to Mummy again. We chatted a while more. When I hung up, I immediately bursted into tears. Shelina and Jay were there to comfort me. Thanks guys =)



We ordered drinks from Tea Fusion (just opposite Kim Chi House) and went back to Kim Chi House for dinner. The soup is boiling!!! Woohoo! Cook the beef cook the beef! The beef was superb man. So was the soup with the mushrooms and hor fun and everything else inside. Dinner was just superb. After dinner, we stayed in the restaurant crapping. Played the "big small" game. Fun! Dinner was $16.10 each. Reasonable la.



After dinner, we went to Wellington bus station to take bus 34. Everyone took it. At Esplanade bus port, Shelina and Jay got off to take their bus home. Only left Yuki, Twinny and I. Yuki and Twinny were listening to Yuki's iPod Nano. I sat at the back spacing out and thinking of...some things. Some things that shall not be named.



We got home safely after that super long ride. Had a good night's rest too.



Monday. I don't know if I was really tired or was it because of Twinny's influence. Twinny was very tired because she slept very late the night before because she was studying for her chemistry test. My first lesson was ELACS. At library. Was supposed to do research but of course I didn't do any. Will be doing on wednesday (tomorrow). I work better when alone.



Calculus, sat beside Ma Ning. Studied and did my work. At the end of the lesson I gave my paper to Ma Ning 'cos he didn't know how to do the work and he wanted to look at mine so that he can do them at home.



Didn't manage to play much badminton during the break. Applicable maths, learnt sets. Bor-ring. Lunch break, didn't play much badminton either. ELACS module A (the previous one was module B) touched on immigration and emmigration. Accountings, partnership. Learnt P&L Appropriation Statement. I learnt it myself the day before at City Library.



After accountings, BADMINTON! Didn't exactly manage to play much either until Stephen came at around 4.15 then we had rackets to play real game. I DID A PROPER SMASH! FINALLY! WOOHOO! Previously my smashes weren't exactly fast enough. Weeeee! The gym closed at 5.30 and we all went home.



At night, Stephen called me while he was on his way home. He miss called me twice when I was in the shower. Then I miss called him once. Then he finally called back. We chatted while I played gunbound. Ok the reason why I played gunbound was that Nic and I were really bored so we decided to create new accounts to play. But they weren't ready so I played first with my old account. After two games, I got bored and quit.



When Stephen came online, he passed me a game. Then we chatted. I chatted with Raymond too. It was a fun night. A day well spent.



signing off~RYNETTA

No comments: