Sunday 21 May 2006

stupid powerpoint presentation

Alright so...I'm here to blog again! Suprise suprise hey? Haha 'cos I've got nothing to do now. I was playing gunbound with my college friends. Ok no, don't misunderstand me. We only play because a few days ago we had nothing to do after school and we were all home, unusually early. So Nic and I were thinking of games to play. I suggested solitaire but it was only a two players game. So we decided on gunbound.



K so this morning I woke up at around 10.40. Twinny already left home. I showered and got myself prepared. By then, it was already 11. I started on my powerpoint presentation. I didn't know where to start with at first because I didn't organise my notes and my notes were in different sizes. Some a4, some a3. It was hell irritating, I tell ya, having a table flooded with notes in different sizes.



After highlighting the main points and labelling which came first and after, I finally started on my powerpoint. Black background, pink font. Perfect. My presentation was on 'Fall of Singapore'. I bet lotsa Singaporeans did that topic in my college. EXCEPT those under Jan. But even if Jan were to still teach me, I doubt she'd stop me 'cos she's clearly forgotten I was from Singapore, even when she was still teaching me. So yep! I got to do 'Fall of Singapore'.



The whole powerpoint took me about two and a half hour to complete. I had to still search for pictures to make the powerpoint slides look more interesting. There's this picture that's really funny. It's a picture of General Percival surrendering Singapore in 1942 but the picture's in colour. It's SUPPOSED to be in black and white but the picture was of a plastic figurine signing fake papers. It's in some war memorial place in Singapore's Sentosa. If you see my presentation, you'll get what I mean.



When I was finally done at around 1.45, I checked the timetable and realised I had to take the 2.12 bus at Manning Road. So I rushed and packed my bag and dashed out of the house. On the way to the bus stop, two missionaries from The Church of Jesus Christ came up to me. They were obviously trying to convey The Message to me. So I tried my very best to tell them that I already have a church (or rather, I'm already attending a church) and that I'm rushing for time. They reluctantly let me go by giving me a card about their church. I'm sorry Lord Father for turning down your offer through these two missionaries but I really was in a rush! I ask for forgiveness!



I took bus 34 down to the city. When the bus reached Curtin bus stop, EVERYONE got off the bus. Everyone but me. I was the only passenger throughout the whole journey till the bus was like halfway there then a girl came into the bus, then two old ladies, then a mother and a daughter, then two guys and more and more along the way until we reached the city.



I got off at Esplanade bus port and started making my way down to City Library to meet Annsley and Yuki. I took the wrong way and almost ended up in Northbridge. Luckily I was clever enough to cut through the train station and get to City Library at the fastest speed I could.



At the lockers area, I bumped into a college friend. He asked where were my friends because last week I was with them when I bumped into him. I told him they were upstairs and I proceed with my locker. I got my stuff and went to level two and found Yuki and Twinny at the same spot studying.



My arrival distracted them. Damn. Sorry guys. Twinny started complaining about how Liu Fu made her so bloated and what they did and blah blah blah. I listened to my mp3 player. Then Twinny and I went toilet. Then I read a book on Elvis Presley as a soldier in Germany. Then Twinny and I went to disturb that college friend and Ah Ming. Then at around 5, I got so bored I went over to disturb them again. I had a longer chat with Ah Ming. At around 5.15, we left City Library.



I was SUPER hungry. I wanted to eat at Taka but both Takas were super out of the way. As we walked pass Gelato, I decided to have ice cream for dinner. So I got ferrero, chocolate cookie and nougat. Yes, three scoops. Then we made our way down to Tea Fusion. There, I ordered watermelon smoothie but I got watermelon milk tea. Argh. Nvm. It's still watermelon. Just lacked of the ice cream taste.



We then walked to Esplanade bus port to take bus. We reached there at around 6.05. The bus Twinny and I were supposed to take was supposed to come at 6.20 while Yuki's would only come at 6.35. While we sat down waiting, Yuki's friends came. Peony, Carrie and another girl. So they chatted and chatted. At 6.20, we went down only to realise we missed the bus. So Twinny and I had to take but 72. Thank God we were just in time for bus 72. Hallelujah.



We reached home at around 7.15. Felix was eating KFC. He couldn't finish his chips. What do I do? Finish for him! There wasn't much left la. The only good thing was that the chips were all soggy already. Hehe soggy chips/fries. Love 'em. Lazed around a little and decided to start editting me powerpoint slides again.



It gave me a blardy big headache I tell ya. At first I had all the super nice fonts in my slides. Then I was afraid computers without those fonts wouldn't be able to read the fonts so I tried opening my slides on Felix's computer. Just as I thought. The fonts all went back to arial and were too messy. I had to edit all the sizes all over again. Grrrr! No more fanciful fonts for powerpoints anymore! You guys will just miss out on the action! Serve you right for not updating your fonts!!!!!



Twinny's got allergy reaction now. Sigh. Poor her. Hope God heard my prayer. Amen.



signing off~RYNETTA

No comments: