Wednesday 4 July 2007

BIRTHDAY!

Tuesday wasn't just any ordinary day. Neither was it just any ordinary birthday. It was Heng Min Ru's birthday! =)

I celebrated her birthday with Yiqing and Winston on Monday. Met up with these people at around 6.45pm at Clark Quay mrt station because both girls end school only at 6pm.

I actually reached earlier so I deposited the cake in The Manhatten Fish Market first. Haha yep, I baked one whole cake for that darling! You shall know more later. Pictures!

While waiting for the food, Min Ru took my camera and....


Somtimes I think I smile too widely. Hehe. I can barely see my eyes.


She's got this "DUH!" look.


Your camera's not even switched on la you gundu face.


Check out Min Ru's expressions! =D


Yiqing, it's not just a sauce. Lol. It's THREE sauces, and a good picture! =D
Garlic butter mussels. One of the BIGGEST mussels I've ever taken.


Winston's and mine came first (I ended up sharing with him because I was sitting opposite him lol) and Min Ru's and Yiqing's didn't come for very long! I had to remind the waiter(s) we had one more seafood platter for two.

The seafood platter was good. I probably liked the rice stained with the prawn's cheese best haha. OHOH the prawn was JUMBO! Fish wasn't that good, ironically.

After a while, Min Ru was full. This was what happened:


HAHA my goodness. The lovebirds! Look at them! =D


There you go, the cake I made for Min Ru. It was quite a disaster but they kept saying it's nice. Sure not! Don't bluff lar! =D It's peppermint truffle cheesecake, by the way. =)


Do I hear wedding bells?!?!

Winston did the cutting and...


Mine.


Min Ru's.

For a moment we thought Yiqing's slice would be the neatest but when he transferred it to her plate...
=_=.


And somehow Winston managed to cut the cake into this shape. Lol!


I saw Min Ru's slice, thought it looked like a triangular Mickey Mouse. She thought I was thinking dirty. =_= WHAT!

After the dinner, we walked around a little. Showed Min Ru the dress I wanted to buy, tried it on, and didn't buy it in the end. It was too big for me although it's supposed to be free size! I'm so disappointed. =(

Left The Central for a stroll along the river (yes, it's actually called a river despite its size) but ended up sitting at the stairs. Lol.


Check out The Central's main entrance!

After a while, Winston and I went to buy Hokkaido ice cream. I had green tea and red bean (one flavour) and black sesame. Winston bought green tea and vanilla soft serve. The girls renamed my ice cream to green bean and red tea. =_=

Started taking crazy pictures...


HAHA!


Awww =)


Min Ru ar, next time just keep smiling! =)



Last picture of the day! I'm really really glad we met up. I've never been this happy since I went back to Perth again this year at the start. Thanks babes!



Met up with Sherry love yesterday. I was late! I have to say I'm not surprised given the fact that if Sherry's early, I'll be late. When I'm early, Sherry's late (which only happened two or three times heh).

WE WATCHED HOT FUZZ! ANGEL WAS SO HAWT DESPITE HIS SIZE! DANNY LOOKED LIKE STANLEY! THE WHOLE MOVIE WAS SO COOL! THE STORYLINE WAS DE BEST! What's more, I had Sherry love beside me! It's been six whole months (I think) since I watched a movie with her!

After the movie, we couldn't decide wear to grab some food. I first said Ben and Jerry's and we ended up at Plaza Singapura (oh, btw, we were watching Hot Fuzz at The Cathay). Then we planned to have coffee at this antique shop but ended up at Gelares. When we were about to enter Gelares, we ended up at Secret Recipe. HA! =P

We both had apple crumble cheesecake. I had espresso milkshake while Sherry had hazelnut latte. She wasn't used to the bitterness haha.

The cheesecake was pretty much average. Was quite disappointed with the crumble top. Could've been better.

We were also both very upset with the service of this particular waitress. She oughta be sacked. Big time.

Went on our seperate ways at around 10.15pm. When I got home, I opened the huge bag of goodies and I GOT SO HIGH! THE WHITE BAG WAS A KILLER! AND SO WAS THE GREEN BAG! I LOVED THE BLACK TOP SO MUCH! AND THE GREY DRESS! Not forgetting the white top! I can buy a dress I've been eyeing on for so long already!

Thanks, Sherry love! I'm so looking forward to tomorrow's movie marathon! And Changing Appetite! Yaaaay! xOXo!



My memory's starting to fail on me so I'll try to recall what's happened since last Wednesday and blog again soon haha. Again, be patient! =)



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: