Tuesday 31 July 2007

BACKTRACK.

While I was still in Singapore, I spent one Friday (13/07) afternoon out with Mummy. That Friday was when I was supposed to meet Kokkie again (I met him on the Tuesday, 10/07) but Mummy wanted to get some stuff from Orchard so I had no choice but to let Kokkie's plane fly. Heh sorry ya.

Ok I can't quite remember what happened that day. Only remember shopping quite a bit in Isetan Scotts. OHOH we queued for about half an hour for Crystal Jade Kitchen only to realise they don't serve much dimsum. So we ended up at...DOME!

We ordered set. Mummy had soup as her appetizer while I had garden salad.
There's the garden salad. Quite ok lar. Got quite sick of chewing so much of leaves towards the end haha so I only finished three quarters of the salad. It was a BIG plate ok!

My main was teriyaki chicken with cheese tortillas.
Look at the cheeeeese! Ok, I know, you can't see much. Heh.

Mummy had al funghi. Creamy pasta. Mummy and I have really reversed our roles lol.
Yum! She claims it's better then Coffee Bean's pasta. But I still love Coffee Bean's coffee and cheesecakes better! =D


We both had flat white. Alas. I tell you hor. The Gloria Jeans in Singapore don't serve flat white! I'm greatly GREATLY dissapointed in whoever who removed flat white from the Singaporean Gloria Jeans menu. IDIOTS! No where else sells flat whites either. Or at least not to my knowledge.

I tried a few Levi's jeans that were on sale at Isetan Scotts but none of the cuttings were of my liking. So we didn't buy any jeans and left for home.

Before we actually reached Kembangan, we got off at Paya Lebar. We decided to go take a look at one of the cake shops at Haig Road. That cake shop was DARN COOL OK! It had almost every single baking ingredients needed! Woo! Whoever stays in that area better be appreciate that shop man!!!

Bought a chiffon cake tin and a bread knife and left. Went to have some dessert before we took a bus back. I had bur bur chacha. Really lousy. Mummy's green bean soup was lousy too. Yuck.



Next day (14/07)...not quite sure what I did in the day but I definitely remember very clearly the dinner I had at Uncle Kheng Joo's restaurant. Uncle Kheng Joo's the younger uncle. The uncle that really dotes on me when I was younger haha.

Had coffee first. Latte.


Check out the plate of sugar and milk! Fresh milk!



Grinders coffee! =D It was slurps! Didn't take picture anymore because I felt weird lol. But we shared a few dishes like sashimi, salmon teriyaki, eel teriyaki, jellyfish, baby octopus, seaweed and so on. THEN the steamboat came.

We sat at two tables combined. My table's steamboat had no beef because Grandma doesn't take beef. But the last part when the fish was added into the soup, the soup was seriously yum! I also had a few pieces of beef from the other side heh.

Then we tried Uncle Kheng Joo's new dish. Stir fried pork (secret recipe) wrapped in lettuce. AWESOME! TWO THUMBS UP!

Dessert was durian custard with ice cream. Everything made from scratch, even the ice cream. But the ice cream wasn't much of a success. Wouldn't freeze properly. HAHA and my avocado ice cream at home turned into some rock.

Had a really great meal hey. I really love that restaurant. Because I love steamboat! =D



Will blog again soon =).



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: