Sunday 4 June 2006

Big Thanks

I realised that...I need to give thanks to lots of people who've been there for me for the past few critical days. True, it hasn't been a pleasant smooth week for me but I'm glad it's concluded well. If not for these following people I'm going to thank, my following week would be a more dreadful one.



Firstly, a HUUUUUGE thank you to Nic. He was the biggest help of all. He may not be the closest, or the first, but he's the reason why my problem has been solved. It all happened on Thursday at 3 where I couldn't take it anymore and I broke down. That idiot purporsely skipped class just to talk to me. And you know what? He was supposed to take a TEST la. Thanks, Nic, really. I was also supposed to go for my english class but there was no point of me going in red eyed (or rather, red headed) and not concentrate.

Shelina, Da Yong and Derek were there. I told Nic the whole big problem. At first I thought my problem wasn't big but Nic told me "if the problem is enough to make you cry, it is not a small problem at all." For the rest of the day, I kept thinking about that very sentence over and over again. I realised, after a super long while, that Nic made sense. Nic told me to talk to my parents and my homestay parents and tell him what's my plan as soon as possible. We were in the city then, with Shelina and Edwin, having Young Joe's.

That very night, I made a call back to Singapore to my parents. It was Mummy who picked up the call. I told her the whole problem. She was reluctant on letting me move. I'm not suprised myself. If I had a kid I would also tell my kid to learn how to tolerate. In the end Mummy told me she'll talk to Daddy and tell me the answer the next day.

The next day, I went to school early just to use the internet in school. Daddy suddenly called me. We started debating and ended up quarrelling. I cried, as expected. Many people who walked pass saw. People like Rifai and Fatin. Daddy finally gave in and asked me to talk to my homestay parents before making my decision.

At around 10, I went to the canteen. I didn't have much to do so I started doing questions from my accountings text. When it was break, everyone started pouring in. Nic and I went to the ISO to talk to Jean. He helped me talk a lot. He even talked to his homestay parents for me. There was supposed to be this boy moving into Nic's house but Nic tried to make it sound like if I don't move into his homestay I'd die. It was quite funny but really really really appreciated. When we left Jean's office, it was just nice time for our lessons. After lessons was city then combined cell blah blah blah.

You see, Nic has been a great help to me as a friend, college mate, cell member, church friend. If not for him, I might still be locking myself up in my room crying. Thanks, Nic. =)



Secondly, SHELINA! The girl who always made me laugh/smile whenever I was down. She'd come up to me and force all the information out of my mouth and do or say stupid things to make me smile or even laugh. She made sure I'm alright before she walks off. Not say WALK OFF but continue her stuff. Thanks, lots. =)



Thirdly, the month before June. May! Yes, you, May. For Thursday, Friday and Saturday, she's stuck by me for everything. She listened to me, consoled me, gave me encouragement, accompanied me, and hugged me. Her hugs are always so precious to me. It's more than just a routine. It's an obligation. Each time I see her, I just have the urge to hug her. Her smile, too, is very very...heart melting. Thanks, May, for everything, including the prayers and the encouragement you gave on the first day I ushered. =D



Fourthly, DA YOOOOONG!!!!! The guy who gave me numerous hugs yesterday and called me last night to counsell me. I shared with him my past and vice versa. Thank you, Da Yong, for not walking pass me. Thanks for stopping by and helping me. Your help is greatly appreciated. GREATLY. =P



Today has been a great day. Went to meet Jay and Shelina in the city. We walked around and decided to eat in HK BBQ. Dominic, Nic, Da Yong and Derek joined us soon after. After lunch Jay and Shelina went off to collect things then went home. The rest of us went to time zone. Nic and Dominic played Maximum Tune. I managed to catch one small cat. Da Yong and Derek, after some time, said they'll go home and sleep. Two big piggies. Haha.



Halfway through, I fell asleep on the Initial D chair. Then Nic caught a few cats for me. Then we went to Tea Fusion. Then met Faith. Walked around to find a gift for Jon Chia. Then went woolworths to get ingredients for the cake Faith's going to make. Then Dominic and Faith take train home while Nic and I took 34 home. At the bus stop that stupid Nic kept shooting me with words. "TRAINING". Haha but it was fun la. Lifted my spirits a little. Nono, a lot. On the bus both of us crashed. Nic slept a little longer than me. We listened to Hillsongs on my MP3. He showed me exactly where his bus stop was so that in future when I'm his housemate I know where to stop haha. Then I got home.



Waiting for more info on tomorrow's plans. Maybe playing gunbound. Nic ar tell me faster ar or else I'm going off to play gunbound already ar...



signing off~RYNETTA

No comments: