Sunday 29 May 2005

i can say...im on cloud nine. or rather, on the way there.



i went to the australian education exhibition yesterday. went to curtin university, university of notre dam and canning college.



the women from curtin university n university of notre dam talked really fast. i just nodded my way through. until the woman from university of notre dam brought me to canning college.



the guy there? he's the principal. mr tom grace. he talked really slowly. so i understood every single bit of wad he said.



aaaaah i finally understood wad australian education's like.



so he asked me bout my mid years results. i, of course, didnt tell him the marks combined with my CA. coz tt's an moronic combination. n i couldnt remember my combined marks anyway.



so i told him eng, a maths, e maths and combined science. he said, "ur marks is applicable for our college! so how did u score for ur humanities?" he asked for both n i said i flunked both.



n then he said i was just like him back then. not too strong in language but scored distinctions for sciences n maths. i was like...o.O



so he explained a little more. but he said if i were to get into his college, i would have to take the 4 weeks bridging course before i start lessons. because my english foundation, obviously, ain't that good. n then he said tt if i don't wanna take the bridging course, i can take his english test. n if i score well for his english test i wouldnt need to go for the bridging course.



but frankly speaking, i'd rather go for the bridging course to improve my english.



so once i get to canning college, im gonna take applicable maths, calculus and accounting for my foundation year. n if i do well, i'll have guaranteed excess to four different universities (curtin, UWA, Edith Cowan n Murdoch). n not only that. i would start university in year two! yes TWO n NOT ONE.



so why should i hesitate?



on the way home, moma n i were discussing. even till this morning. so i've finally set my goal: get into Canning College. yeh!



you guys must be wondering why m i publicising my plans when i previously said i wont. well, because i am CERTAIN about getting my big fat ass out of singapore n start afresh. im washing my hands off singapore's f-ed up education system.



australia's just so laid back. human rights. even the principal makes sure we students are comfortable! he is even a guardian for bout 27 students. he meets them about 2 times per term.



u dun just get to choose him as ur guardian any-o-how. he has to like u n ur parents before letting himself be ur guardian. tt's just perfect. totally perfect.



so i'll just have to remain a lil more quiet (just like wad mr gan said bout me. he thinks im a quiet student) n then he'll be pleased with me.



call me boot-licker, sucking up or wadeva shit but this determines my future. if u do not like it, dun slap me. coz i know this is reasonable. if u slap me i'll kick ur smelly ass.



so yep. im planning for australia.



NO i may NOT come back to singapore. im even thinking of settling down in australia. of course i would come back to take care of my parents. unless they wanna go to australia along with me.



oh well. my future is set.



australia, here i come!

No comments: