Tuesday 10 March 2009

MUMMY

Reason why I haven't been blogging is 'cos the next post (which is this post) would mean I was leaving Singapore. You know me. I hate leaving home.=(

Mummy filling up the entrance into Australia form.

I kid you not. This IS the wing of the aircraft. It's a rather new aircraft, actually, their sits are so much more comfortable. Entertainment system no change, though.

Two cups of this, plus very comfy new seats, make a very good sleep which lasted 90% of the flight. I was trying real hard to stay awake for the movies but as you can tell, I failed.

Very next day (24/02/2009), Mummy and I made a trip down to the city because I had to renew my car registration, renew my driver's license, renew my car insurance and everything else that's under Mummy's name.

After everything was done, we stopped by Dome to have a good cuppa.
Mummy's hot chocolate.

My long macchiatto. XOXO!

Mummy's marshmallows for her hot chocolate flew over to my long macchiatto.

We shared a piece of strawberry shortcake 'cos we were crazily full from lunch. Oh shit. I forgot to load pictures of lunch.

I really love this picutre. It's like a leftover of someone who just had a break from life, reading newspapers, sipping from his/her cuppa. Nice.

On Thursday (26/02/2009), we went to Garden city after my one hour lecture in uni 'cos it's suburban late night shopping!
I reckon Michel's Pattiserie at Garden City has one of the freshest cakes ever. Mummy and I each had a set of coffee and cake. The cake was tiramisu cake. Sorry the picture ain't doing justice to the cake. It's really fresh and flavourful and not too sweet.

Shopped a bit. Mummy bought the stuff she needed to buy and before we knew it, it was time for dinner.
Beef black bean hor fun. The chinese stall at the food court. Mummy had beef char kway teow. The beef was awesomely tender. *two thumbs up*

Dinners at home had been really awesome. Take for example 01/03/2009.
Pumpkin rice. I've still got some in the freezer ^^.

And then 02/03/2009.
Shanghai rice sticks. I love rice sticks. Totally. Even the korean version makes me high.

On Tuesday (03/03/2009) I managed to send my car in at the servicing centre at 9am 'cos it got recalled. Car was only available for pick up at about 3-4pm so Mummy and I went to the city for some good breakfast. Or rather, lunch.

There was this new cafe in the city, formally a huge store of facial products (I also remember it was once a huge store of branded chocolates).
Coffee was tasteless.

Even though they got their cakes from the same place where Terrazza got their cakes (The Cake Factory, was it?), this carrot cake was shockingly a huge disappointment. The cake was so unfresh it was really hard and dry and it tasted stale.

My chicken avocado roll wasn't that great either. Bleh. DON'T GO THERE. Sucked big time. To think they charged their stuff so expensively.

Toilet break. I'll bring you to a tour at David Jone's 2nd storey toilets.
No joke! This is what you see once you enter, and then there's another door leading to a hand wash area, where there's also another door leading to the cubicles. Cool huh.

Later that evening Mummy cooked dinner again.
We came up with this dish together. Yumyum. I have some of these in my freezer to HAHA!

And then 04/03/2009.
Soya sauce pork. How much better can this get! This was totally awesome lar I'm gonna try making it myself one day!

Thursday. Garden City again. Because Mummy and I needed to go David Jones but we didn't want to go to the city because city didn't have late night shopping, only the suburbs had and Carousel has no David Jones so Garden City it was.
Michel's Patisserie again! Their coffee's awesome as well. But the one opposite, Amano Gelato, serves better coffee but their cakes ain't as nice.

Mummy took strawberry shortcake.

I took black forrest torte. In the end I preferred Mummy's while she preferred mine so we swapped after eating half of our owns. HAHA!

07/03/2009.
Siena's. The phone call to book was really. Hmmm. Let's just say it pissed me off and we'll leave it at there. I was glad the service at Siena's on the actual day itself was totally good. Really friendly waiter. REALLY friendly.

While waiting for food. Got bored. So snap snap. The key looks longer than it actually is haha! Wide angle does that.

Me thinks Siena's is like an enlarged version of Ciao Italia.

Mummy had pesto prawns. She didn't quite stir it well so by the time she reached the bottom, we saw a layer of extra virgin olive oil. HAH.

My penne al pollo which I obviously changed the penne to fettucine.

*grins*

Hungry yet?

Went for Sunday service the next day, and rushed home straight after service because Mummy had to go to the airport =/. But before that we managed to squeeze ample time for lunch. At Subiaco's Han's.
Camwhore attempt #2, phail. Yeah, you read it right, it's #2. There were 4 other phailed attempted but I shouldn't bore you.

Mummy's latte. She claimed it was tasteless.

HAHA I just had to post this! Omgosh. She didn't even know she made that face!

Mummy's pork chop. The pork chop was damn tough. Apparently the sides were better than the main.

Still waiting for food. And given I haven't camwhored in ages, I'd say this was a pretty good attempt!

My thai tom yum soup which wasn't even a tinsy bit spicy at all. Sucked. Standards have dropped DRASTICALLY since they moved. Boo.

Re-attempt #1, phail. I just had to get a good shot of us before we go!

Re-attempt #3, SUCCESS! #2 was similar but Mummy thought she looked ugly. You can see how we managed to get a good shot. Mummy figured her hands were longer than mine =_=.

To the airport~
This was tugged into Mummy's handbag seconds before we left home for lunch haha. It was a daffodil bear I bought just a few months after Greatgrandma passed away in 2007 due to intestinal cancer.

Little bear got to accompany Mummy throughout the flight!

signing off~DE XIN

No comments: