Monday 22 September 2008

MY PARENTS


If you have me on facebook, you probably would know for the past few days Daddy has been tucking me into bed. He wakes up pretty early in the morning automatically and because I've been sleeping on the sofabed (it may be queen size but it's not as comfy as a proper mattress), he wakes me up to get me to sleep in my bed which he's been sleeping on. I'll drag my pillow and bolster while he drags my quilt. When I finally get on my bed, he covers me tightly with my quilt with so much love it's really warm.

Remember how I sprained my ankle on Wednesday night during dance practice? On Thursday morning when he did the same, I lost my balance after waking up. He immediately held on to my left side (because my left leg is the ok leg) and went "eheheheheh!" I was really about to burst into laughter.

It's true that when my parents first came, we weren't quite used to us suddenly living together all over again. We picked on each other's bad habits, bickered, got impatient and so on. But after a few days we got used to it all over again. Making funny faces, saying stupid -and not funny- jokes, burping into each other's face, snatching each other's food.

I may be unhappy with them once in a while but that doesn't and will never mean I don't love them. They gave me the type of earthly parental love I would never want to exchange with anything. They're my parents. Only mine. =)


signing off~DE XIN

No comments: