Wednesday 18 June 2008

STUDENT IN DISTRESS!

Went down to the city with Mummy today. Mainly to use the Border's coupon I got (3 for the price of 2 fiction books) but also for more GOOD FOOD! Today, it's Korean food! Don't know the name of the restaurant but I know it's along Pier Street and it has a small Korean minimart right beside it. My favourite korean place in the whole of Perth, seriously. Not to mention how last year Mummy and I wanted to try this restaurant twice and on both times this place was closed. However, with the new trading hours, they're open 7 days a week!

The must-haves for every korean meal. Oooooh the bean sprouts were so good! The sesame taste was really fragrant. That coming out from the mouth of someone who only eats her mum's fried bean sprouts (I'm not a big fat of bean sprouts), these bean sprouts gotta be really good. Mummy loved the sweet lotus roots (middle right). Mummy and I are not used to the weird pickled vegetables (middle left), though. The kimchi was EXTREMELY SPICY.

My bulgogi dolsot bibimbap (rice with soy beef and season vegetables in stone pot). First served, then with the sauce added, then everything mixed. THE SPICINESS WAS SHIOK! Never eaten anything this spicy in Perth! Other places' supposedly spicy food were always served not so spicy and I always had to add a heap load of chilli before I was satisfied. This one was just right and HEY, it's better than J K Don's =D. The stone pot was DAMN HOT even till the end. Burnt myself countless of times. Which means, my food was piping hot throughout! Love love!

Mummy's ddeokbokki (fried rice cakes) in soy sauce and chicken added. Was so good, the taste! I reckon the rice cakes could be more chewy. They probably soaked them too long or something =\. Hurhur but it's still so good. Did I mention I found a recipe for the spicy version of ddeokbokki??? Aaah! Highness!

After lunch we went over to the Korean minimart next door. I can say it's my food haven! I'm a sucker not just for desserts but also for Korean food! Bought three packets of Korean spicy beef ramyun (tried it once and totally loved it),

some snack Mummy said I love when I was young and

a bottle of weird drink! To my surprise it actually tasted really good. The first taste was nice, then a bit weird, then fwah, shiok! It's some rice drink. I'm gonna buy it again if I go back! (Pardon the empty bottle. It was THAT good.)

Then we shopped around. Went down to Borders to use my coupon. I was really happy because I've been DYING to get two books.

The books I bought! Yep, I've been dying to buy PS, I Love You and The Kite Runner, both in their original covers. Then, as I was searching for the original covers of those two books, I chanced upon The Last Concubine. It got me hooked within the 5 minutes of Mummy-sweeping-the-floor (Mummy says no household chores for me during my exam period). I initially wanted to stop at the second sub-chapter of chapter 1 but I kept going on until I was halfway into the second sub-chapter! I'd say this is better than Memoir of the Geisha. Nice descriptions.

We also had Il Gelato! I really love the Perth Entertainment Book =P. We had two single scoops for the price of one. Mummy had banana, I had nougat. Finally. Been wanting to try that flavour since I don't know when. Yumyums!

Finally got a hang of how a normal female shops. She'd say "I want to get ___" and when she goes into the shop, she gets distracted by other clothes and goes "you think this is nice?" Not once, not twice. I really hope I don't shop like that! I got quite grumpy towards the end because my books were pretty bulky and Mummy was being very undecisive. But I just. Followed her everywhere she went. Till she finaly got the top she wanted and said "let's go toilet."

..........

After toilet, we had coffee! At Forum Coffee Shop.


Mummy's cappuccino and my long macchiatto + carrot cake. Coffee was nice and hot and strong but just not smooth. Cake was good. Reminds me of the time where I saw a stall in Singapore that named it carrot cheesecake and I nearly laughed my head off. Just because the cake has cream cheese topping. Carrot cheesecake. HAH. Goodness.

Caught a bus back. Went Kong's with Mummy 'cos she wanted to buy rice. Back home now. About time to study. Gah, exams. Oh I forgot to mention, do drop any prayer requests if you have any. I'm more than happy+willing to pray for you =).



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: