Saturday 21 June 2008

AND AGAIN, FOOD.

This morning, as usual, Mummy and I went down Subiaco for our weekly marketing. For lunch, I finally took the courage to ask the lady boss (whom I believe is also the overall boss) what does their Today's Special Spicy Beef Soup taste like and whether or not it had noodles. Apparently she knows Mummy (I suppose, frequent customer?) and so she decided to give me a taste of the soup. I had to admit it was really good.

Mummy ordered her usual rice vermicelli with spring rolls and fried pork. Her serving seemed humongously big today. When the lady boss didn't get a chance to see Mummy, her servings would be smaller. Hmmm. Anyways, I'm always looking forward to the spring rolls getting all soggy and I'll grab a small piece from her bowl.

My spicy beef noodles soup. No, the green stuff were not the scary part.

Been a while since I ate thick bee hoon. I can bet you 90% of the white stuff in the bowl were bean sprouts and not noodles. Now you know what's scary. I didn't like how the bean sprouts jut out in different directions when I scoop the noodles out so I decided to eat up as much bean sprouts as I could find and realised my "noodles" were left with less than half. Don't know if it's their tradition to add SO MUCH bean sprouts but I sure didn't enjoy them that much. The soup was good though, so was the beef. Nice and tender.

I found out that the french crepe stall finally had cheesecakes and so I decided to buy a slice home. Mummy and I did our usual marketing at the fruits market and Woolworths. You should have seen how I refused to stand in the crowd. I was really really scared anyone would knock into me causing my cheesecake to fall haha. Having waited for the cheesecakes for weeks, I definitely wouldn't want that to happen.

The moment we reached home (and after I packed all the groceries and Mummy packed all the plastic bags), I attacked the cheescake with no mercy.Cheesecake looking at you!

I was just thinking whether there was such a thing as custard cheesecake when I found a layer of custard at the outer end of the cheesecake. THE GOOD FRIEND. If you're reading this, PLEASE go give it a try. Let me know if you want me to get a slice for you next week or something if they have any.

Oh by the way heh. THE CHEESECAKE WAS REALLY GOOD. By far the BEST cheesecake I've had so far. I could tell the crust was made up of shortbread cookies. I suspect there was custard in the cheese body itself. The cheesecake was awesomely fragrant and smooth and moist. Shiok!

An hour later, I decided to satisfy my craving for iced chocolate.HOHOHO my first time and it was so good! Janice, come my place whenever you're free after my exams. I'll make a huge cup for you. Promise!

So. The combination of those three food wasn't really a very good idea because another hour later I was sent flying into the toilet. Mummy was worried for a bit but once I was out, I was enjoying a good plate of pumpkin rice (from previous day) again. With chilli some more.

Good food never stops me ^^. I have to say I'm glad to still be young. I mean. It'd really suck if I had diarrhoea the whole night. Glad it was once and that's it. *wipes cold sweat*



signing off~DE XIN

4 comments:

Lil' Star said...

home made iced chocolate!! *eyes not blinking* I can hear it calling out for me already hehehe:p iced chocolate here I comeeeeeeeee!!!!!

feel so good to be back on reading blogs again=)

De Xin said...

HAHA! Finally la! You can bum at my place anytime wahaha. Eh if we go lammabar you stay over my place la. Then don't have to worry about transport =).

Lil' Star said...

Okie dokie!yea babe..I'm coming coming!:p

De Xin said...

HAHAHA I'm welcoming welcoming! xD