Sunday 8 June 2008

MUMMY'S BACK!

Mummy touched down safely at 2.05pm today. Rushed to the airport after lunch (nearly forgot about the time) and reached just in time to see Mummy walking out in search for me. Drove her back home to deposit her luggage and out we went again 'cos she wanted to eat. Where to? Terrazza.Mummy had seafood risotto. It WAS good but I've tried better. Still worth the money, though. Haha. Oh and I had long macchiatto and lemon cheesecake.

So we went home, I cleaned up the house, as usual, and I suddenly felt like the mum. "You got any clothes you want to wash not? Sure? I wash now ar!" The only difference is, unlike how Mummy nags at me to get out of her way when she sweeps/mops the floor, I silently swept/mopped the floor without complaining when she was in the way.

Ok, in other words, my house has turned into a humble and noisy house. For two weeks I had peace. Only two weeks.

Then Mummy started unpacking her luggage. I stood beside her, taking the things I asked her to help me bring. Then I saw a ziplock bag. And in the ziplock bag I saw envelopes. Pretty envelopes. I stood there for a good 30-60 seconds.

Me: "What's that, Mummy?"
Mummy: "Oh! San Yi Yi (Aunt Siew Luan) and Xiao Yi Yi (Aunt Siew Khim) gave you cards. And your memory card and your ear stud stopper."

I happily ignored the memory card ('cos I never asked her to bring any) and ear stud stopper and opened the cards, like a puppy pouncing onto its food after HOLD-ing for super long.

The card Aunt Siew Khim gave and the bookmarks that she placed inside. So lovely! One says:
"Love is patient,
Love is kind...
Love never fails."
The other says:
"You delight me
with your laughter,
you enchant me
with your smile,
you give me
such a special love
that makes every day
worthwhile."
In the card were words of thanks, words of care and concern (especially since I've started driving), asking me to constantly email her and her hubby prayer requests, missing-yous, and she even blessed my love life! I'd never expect that from an aunt haha! Not forgetting that smiley face, a very first from her =D.


Aunt Siew Luan's card and the SO MANY THINGS SHE STUFFED INSIDE THAT THE ENVELOPE BULGED! Coasters that says:
"Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread"
And a pair of super cute ear rings. And a fridge magnet that says:
"You are in my thoughts and in my heart.
Thinking of you."
It always, REALLY, amazes me at how Aunt Siew Luan puts in so much effort finding such meaningful presents for us (her nieces and nephews), especially when she's a non-believer and yet she still gets those presents full of christian values for me. I'd say it's a good chance for her to get to know Christ more. Amen? AMEN! =P

In her card were words that say "thinking of you", "missing you", "wishing you best of luck" and more along that line, everywhere in the card. Simple, straight forward, bursting with love.



I really miss my coffee times with these two Aunts and Grandma. I really never thought I'd get anything from anyone 'cos I never personally go back myself. I didn't expect anything and didn't want anything. Little did I know, they still showered me with so much love despite my absence. Why, doesn't it feel like Christmas all over again? =P



OH AND DADDY'S NEW CAR HAS ARRIVED IN SINGAPORE! SUPER SEXAYE!



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: