Friday 14 March 2008

SINCE LAST WEEKEND.

Here's another super long post. And, after being adviced by a friend, I shall first warn you that this post is gonna be another post with pictures of food. Not all pictures will be of food of course but there'll be a few here and there that'll make you hungry =).

Last Friday Baby followed Mummy and I down to Subiaco. We took a bus down because Aunty Lucy's car (Dimas' car, actually) couldn't fit all of us 'cos Faith, Yihui and Ivan were also going. By the time we got there it was already close to 12 so we ate first.I had some pupusam (I think that's what it's called), Baby had burritos and Mummy had chicken and mushroom crepe.

After lunch we did our marketing at the Subi market itself and Woolworths. We then took a bus back and Baby slacked around the house for a while before I walked him out to the bus stop for him to take a bus down to work. I wasn't left with anything to do so I just lazed around the whole afternoon until Janice, Sarah and Wan Ming came over for worship practice a few hours before cell started at 7.30 at my place.More pictures here! Trust me, these are just a few of the many pictures I took haha.

Saturday was church day. Ushered again that week. At that time I was told I was in Mavis' time. Ok from that you can tell I'm no longer in Mavis' team haha for the convenience of one of the members so I took her place in Derell's team.=).

Was in charge of refreshments again so I didn't manage to catch the whole sermon again. Oh wells. All for God. After service we went Saigon for dinner. Had a cup of avocado milkshake (WOAH GENG I TELL YOU!) and rice vermicilli with lemon grass and beef. SHIOK! But I finished my milkshake before my food came so by the time my food came, I was so full I only had half of it.

When we were done with Saigon, being me, I went over to Easyway with Marianne and Faith to get our bubble tea. I drank so fast I finished it before I got to Baby's place. Faith's mum sent me there =) thanks!

Watched a soccer match with Baby and his hall mates at one of the common rooms. Man U lost =(. Crap. I hung around Baby's room for a while more before he walked me back. Had to wear Baby's slippers back haha 'cos I couldn't survive on my heels. I accompanied him on the phone again when he walked back home.



Went for service again on Sunday morning 'cos it was a different guest speaker. Finally I managed to sit through one whole service. After service we went Happy Meal for lunch before Max dropped me off at Zion Centre for my dance practice. Thanks, Max!

Dance practice last for about 2.5 hours. Probably a bit more. Mark sent me and Rachel home. I showered and got ready to go meet baby 'cos it was our first month =).

Baby called when he was at the bus stop in the city waiting for his bus so I started walking out to Currie Hall. On the way, I got pretty scared so I decided to walk along Broadway in the end. It didn't help a lot but it was definitely better than Fairway. But guess what! I bumped into Jon Chia. He offered to send me to Currie Hall.

As if not paiseh enough, he offered to pick Baby up from the city since I still had to wait for Kenneth at Currie Hall. Baby was also super paiseh la! Thanks so much man, Jon.

So when we got back to Baby's place, Baby took a shower and put on nice clothes! We were all hyped up about going to Northbridge for our dinner. So we took a (last) bus down to Northbridge at around 9.15pm. I knew something was not right so when we reached Wellington bus station, we went over to the stands to see what time was the last bus gonna leave. 9.40pm. Lagi best. So both of us happily took a free ride back to Nedlands area again haha!

We walked down Hampden Road only to find the street totally dead. Like. D-E-A-D, dead, y'know, DEAD. In the end we ordered Broadway Pizza, had them delivered, and ate them at his place's kitchen. Meat lovers and portofino. I SUPER LOVE THE PORTOFINO! I hope I spelt it right.

Spent a while at Baby's room before he walked me back, again. He was so super dead tired that night 'cos of soccer =\. I felt so bad, I tell you. Really. And all I could do was to accompany him on the phone again when he walked back. =(



MONDAY MONDAY MONDAY! So excited ok! After my freakin' 8-9am lecture, I went home and crashed 'cos the previous night I only had 3.5 hours of sleep. But I woke up in time to meet Mummy at Broadway Fair at noon after her line dancing. We took a bus down to the city to get a bank cheque, searched around a bit for a new card reader (thank goodness it's working now) and took a bus down to VICTORIA PARK!

Okok, you guys should know why I was all so excited haha but nope, not yet. We didn't know where to get off the bus so we randomly got off along Shepperton Road (parallel to Vic Park), and walked into Albany Highway and walked all the way up to Makan Makan for lunch. We wanted to go Catalino's at first but we wanted to try something new. Or rather, Mummy wanted to try something new haha. So we climbed up the slope and got to Makan Makan.

When we finally reached, we were so exhausted by the heat we quickly ordered our food AND DRINKS and set down.Mummy had iced nescafe (She paid A$3 for that?! I can make that for you everyday, Mummy! And I can just charge you A$1.50, how's that? Half price leh!) while I had teh tarik. Woah shiok. The closest I can get to teh peng. And what about food?I had TOM YAM! Looks spicy? The spiciness was just bare minimum. I wanna try the clear totally clear tom yam. See how long I can stand =D.

Mummy had hor fun goreng. Haha it sounded funny to me. Hor fun is like hokkien I think. Goreng is malay. No offence, really, but it sounded funny together. But it really tasted good. Two thumbs up!

When we were done with our lunch, we walked down slope (MUCH easier) back to John Hughes and I collected Hammie! Test drove it around for a while before I sent Patrick (the car dealer)back to John Hughes and drove Hammie back home. Patrick actually gave me a bottle of white wine from Margaret River and flowers for Mummy. So nice of him! This what I call good service, people. Learn!

Didn't do much that afternoon. Baby came over in the evening after his work (and after he showered) to study. He also brought over Subway sandwiches from his work place! One for himself and one for me! But I wasn't hungry so I kept it for the next day.

Baby wanted to finish studying by 10.30 so that we can go for a spin in Hammie but by the time he was done, it was close to midnight haha and we went over to Weijun's/Max's place for Weijun's birthday surprise.

When we got back, both of us were really tired but Baby still went to watch tv. I ended up dozing off a little on his lap haha. Then we crashed in my room (him on my bed and me on Mummy's ex-bed) where I repeatedly asked him to remove his contacts but he repeatedly say he'll walk back and in the end he slept over till next morning HAHA!



Next morning, Baby walked me to school then he went home (it was on the way). Was supposed to have coffee with Mishi at around 1pm that day during both Baby's and my break but Mishi couldn't make it so both of us crashed at Baby's place. Trust me, both of us were dead tired.

Woke up just in time for both of us to rush down for our 3pm lectures. When my lecture was done, I rushed to the library to grab a savoury muffin (my first bite of the day), only managed to eat half, and rushed for my tutorial. When my tutorial ended, I went home first (Baby only ended at 6 =\). Had the super CHEEEEESY love sandwich Baby made for me the previous day.It's steak and cheese sandwich actually, except that Baby added SUPER A LOT of cheese. Like all the cheeses available. You can see the different colours and shapes haha!

Left home at 6pm to pick people up for dance practice.

Picked Rachel up first, then went to pick Wilson up. Got lost along Shepperton Road, Mummy took over, picked Wilson, got lost picking Joey up, but still picked her up, went to Usha's place to pick up Zion Centre's keys, reached Zion Centre 20 minutes late and dance practice started.

When practice ended, I was so tired Mummy had to drive. Crashed almost immediately when I got home.



Didn't do much on Wednesday. Just met up with Baby for lunch in the guild before my 3-5pm Management Accounting lecture. Had dance practice again that night. Yep, I was terribly tired. Haha. But all for the glory of God.



Will blog about Thursday onwards another time. How about some critics? It's been a while hey!



Restaurant: Seizan
Location: 566 Hay Street Perth WA 6000 (downstairs!)
Beverages: Coke, diet coke, sprite, lemon squash, mineral water, spring water, orange juice, Japanese tea, lamne (original), peach (???), saporo, asahi, ebisu, kirin, plum wine, sake, densetsu unkai. No special drinks.
Appetizers: Sashimi, sushi and some other cold/hot dishes. You gotta try Gyu Tataki if you can.
Entree: Set meals, udons. Udon not handmade so no point trying. Oh and they've got teppanyaki. They claim they're the best in Perth. I don't know!
Dessert: All ice cream.
Other:
Atmosphere: They've got those traditional seats! Pretty authentic! I love how they're underground kinda thing. Comfortable.
Service: Very good.
Notes:
Overall Rating
: 7.75/10. Don't expect much variety but the few they have are really good. MUST try at least once.

Restaurant: Broadway Pizza
Location: 165 Broadway, Nedlands, WA 6009.
Beverages: None, 'cos that's not what they're opened for haha.
Appetizers: Garlic bread?
Entree: PIZZAS! Best of all, they can make any pizza you want, even if it's not on the menu! Just tell them what you want and they'll make it! But their pizzas can sometimes get a little too oily.
Dessert: Nopes, none.
Other:
Atmosphere: They have seats but it's really mainly for take-aways or deliveries.
Service: Depends. Can get pretty lousy.
Notes:
Overall Rating
: 7/10. A must try for the people around that area. Definitely better than Domino's.

Restaurant: Makan 2 Cafe (Makan Makan)
Location: 357 Albany Hwy, Victoria Park
Beverages: Asian drinks like teh tarik, iced nescafe, iced coffee and so on.
Appetizers: Can't remember.
Entree: Roti pratas (with different fillings!), tom yam noodles, nasi goreng, hor fun goreng, indomee (???), mee goreng. They even have western food but very limited 'cos it's not their specialty, obviously.
Dessert: ROTI PRATA AS DESSERT! HOW COOL! IT'S DAMN GOOD OK!
Other:
Atmosphere
: Comfortable.
Service: One word. Sucks.
Notes:
Overall Rating: 7.5/10. Would have given an 8 if not for the service. But it's still a must try. Somewhere you are willing to go back again and again despite the terrible service.



signing off~DE XIN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

super long blog...wonder how you remember everything that happened in the past week! geng eh~

De Xin said...

HAHA bloggers need good memory. If only I have this great memory for exams hey!