Tuesday 4 March 2008

PROCRASTINATING

I've uploaded the pictures for about an hour already and I was still hesitating haha 'cos I know it's gonna be a damn long post. But for the love of my friends, I shall start =P. Will start on 22/2, Friday.

On Friday I was out with Mummy 'cos we needed to get our hair done before flying over to Perth. Apparently, no, TRUST ME, Mummy's hair do was pretty boring. She keeps going back to the same hairdresser and the hairdresser always does the same thing for her when she never asked for the same thing. So I dragged Mummy to my hairdresser and there was only so much my hairdresser could do to Mummy's hair 'cos it was really short but it's still. Better. No more weird tails by the side.

I did get a haircut as well. Just a bit of trimming here and there. Ok, no. Just layering. Also made sure my fringe was short, but not too short, enough to last a little longer than usual so that I don't have to keep trimming it while I'm in Australia. Haircut here ain't that cheap. Seriously!

Our haircuts took only a bit over an hour. After our haircut we were both hungry (given I don't take breakfasts heh) so we went over to the foodcourt for lunch. Before we went to the foodcourt, I stopped at the photo developing place to develop some photos. Photos took an hour to develop so meanwhile we had lunch.
I had bak chor mee! Can't believe I hadn't eaten it since I got back to Singapore. Haha. I enjoyed it, of course.

Mummy, on the other hand, got herself some chicken (?????) laksa and grass jelly. No need to ask, Katong Laksa (the original one that's under the overhead bridge but has moved to some other place I don't know where) is still the best. =D

Bumped into one of my ex-ballet classmate's mum. It's been more than a while =D. At least 2 years I'd say. Went to collect my photos, then shopped at NTUC. Last minute shopping. Mummy might as well just bring the whole of Singapore over. Anyways. After spending a super long time in NTUC, we were gonna go take a bus down to Bedok to collect my (and Mummy's) contact lenses. But guess what! She decided to drag me into mani+pedicure with her.

I won't say I dread it but I was really tired and I nearly dozed off a few times. Not to forget the time where the manicurist tried getting rid of my feet's dead skin and all I could do is squirm in my seat. Yep, I'm pretty ticklish. She wasn't all that gentle. But I survived, with maroony-red coloured nails on my fingers and toes. Not bad. I set my record by scraping the finger nail polish off on the 5th/6th day (I normally start doing so on the 3rd). I've got itchy hands =P. Toe nails too far for my itchy hands, though. Heh.

When we were finally done after an hour, we took a bus down to Bedok. Collected our stuff and went home. Soon after I was out again, to meet up with Nancy! First time since she got back from Indo and last time before I fly. Sad. =(. We went to ECP to our old work place to find AH NEO!

He's still the same. Skinny. Tall. Talks damn softly but always insinuating me! Anyways, Nancy and I had our dinner there.My beef bulgogi ramen. Something else for a change =D.

Nancy stuck to our usual bibimbab beef.

In order to get Ah Neo to make something for us, we ordered sushi.I finished 5/6 of this calilfornia thingy.

Nancy's spider crab roll.

After our meal we walked along ECP for a while to erm. Digest the food haha. It was really a lot for us. We probably walked for about half an hour before heading back to Marine Cove again for Nancy to get a slice of cake for Ah Neo. Then we walked back to Marine Parade Road where Nancy took a bus back while I walked back home. I'm so gonna miss that girl man. Totally.



Saturday was CG and Fusion. CG started early (2.30pm) and it was purely fellowship 'cos they've finished on the book they've been working on for a whole year. So we just watched Micky Blue Eyes and Honey. Oooh I so loved Honey. We also had pizza for dinner. The meat lover was an absolute killer.

After CG, Audrey, Cindi, Kezia and I went down to ACSI for Fusion. FUSION WAS SO AWESOME! The drummer was reeeaaally good. Oh man the bass just made me high. It was the first time I was so into worship in Singapore. I worshipped like how I worshipped in Perth. It was so refreshing. So so refreshing.

Down side was I was having a terribly headache. Nope, it didn't go away after a good night's sleep.



Sunday morning I went to church earlier (9am) 'cos Full Flame Campaign started. The movie was only 20 minutes long but it was bursting with meaning. Had a discussion session among our own CGs after the movie and then went for the contemporary service (no youth service during the campaign) at 10.30am.

After service, Mel, Kezia, Elena and her friend and I went for Beach Road Prawn Noodles ('cos they insisted 'cos it was my last meal with them haha). WOAAAAAH SHIOK! I just dumped a whole load of chilli powder into my noodles and asked for more pork crackle. Heavenly!

After lunch I walked home. Was supposed to pack my luggage but my headache was still there and so I went to nap. In fact, Mummy asked me to nap. By the time I woke up, it was time to go down to Grandma's place.

Dinner was as usual. Chicken fried with green+red+yellow capsicums and cashew nuts. A little bit of glutinous rice. Some weird hakka dish someone brought. Ok I can't remember the rest heh. But I do remember...Aunt Siew Luan got me yam paste with ginko nuts! So sweet of her! I had a great time spending my last evening at Grandma's place with Grandma and everyone else. The really warm and loving hugs from Grandma and the other Aunts before I left. Oh man. A few days ago Grandma just told me on the phone how her house was so quiet the next Sunday without me around. I didn't know I was that noisy haha but ya. I miss Grandma =(.

Got home, packed my luggage. Was. Like. Hell. Parents just could not stop going on about how I keep bringing so many clothes back and forth (I'm a girl!). I almost couldn't fit everything in heh. And we thought we exceeded our weight limit.



Monday Monday Monday. Only slept for about 2 hours 'cos I couldn't go to sleep and I had to wake up super early. Got to the airport, checked in our luggages and guess what. We didn't exceed the weight limit. Not even by 1gram. We could even put another 5kg! My weighing scale at home is just spoilt.

Everything went on smooth and we boarded the plane.Bye Singapore! Take off was smooth =).

Had tagliatelle for lunch.I knew there were peas but I really wanted the pasta. No harm taking the peas out. It was fun, in fact. Hehe. Mummy had the salmon which was not bad as well except I wouldn't have enjoyed the sweet potato puree.

I watched Feast of Love (now I know why it's R21 in Singapore, not that it mattered to me) and Game Plan. But I missed a few minutes of the ending of Game Plan, though. Crap. But it's ok! 'Cos...We're in Perth! Yayyys! Landing wasn't good. SQ would've done better. Heh, sorry, Qantas.

Clearing of customs and baggage scanning was pretty fast. Took a cab back home where Wei Xian was waiting. He helped us bring up our luggage and updated us on the situation of our house (everything's fine except for some expired stuff in the fridge hahaha). Soon enough, Wei Xian went home while Mummy and I started cleaning up the house. I went to take a shower and out we went to meet Baby!

Baby was supposed to come over our place if he didn't see us at Broadway but Baby took a super huge detour haha! Baby will always be Baby =D. So Mummy, Baby and I had dinner at University Restaurant at Broadway. Welcome back to a land of huge food servings. Mummy had some beef with egg sauce and rice, Baby had roasted pork with veggies and rice. I had spicy beef hor fun. I obviously couldn't finish and Baby had to help hehe.

After dinner Baby came over my place for a while before I went over to his. I just hung around the whole night....I THINK we watched Save The Last Dance on DVD. Another awesome dance movie. With ballet this time! When it got a little late, Baby walked me home. Haha poor Baby. He's been walking a hell lot more since we got together =P.



Tuesday I was out with Mummy. First went to school to deal with some school fees thingy then went down to Bank West along Hampden road to bank in some money and do some GIRO alterations. Decided to head down to town to settle my course transfer stuff at the immigration centre and guess who we saw at Currie Hall bus stop! Baby! =D

We took the bus down together (Mummy chased me away and asked me to sit with Baby lol) and Baby walked us to the immigration centre before he went for work. We were done in about 15-20 minutes time and we went to Gelare for lunch! Half price waffles, why not!

I couldn't finish my large waffle. First time since I started eating large waffles on my own. But the iced coffee with ice cream was really really good. And after lunch, we walked over to Border's to look for a board game named Sequence but we couldn't find it. After walking around a bit, we surrendered to the heat and took a bus back home.



WEDNESDAY! Aunty Lucy drove Mummy, Baby and I down to Victoria Park to look at CARS! We went straight to John Hughes Mitsubishi dealer. Mummy test drove the Mitsubishi Colt (I "happily" forgot to bring my driver's license out, smart.) and said it felt as good as the Honda Jazz. Only took her about an hour to finally decide she's gonna get that car for me. WOOHOO!

Mitsubishi. Colt. MANUAL! Black. Windows tinted. Reverse censor. FIRST HAND! Only because John Hughes was having a promotion and it was cheaper than second hand (surprise surprise!). Awesome aweSOME AWESOME!

After all the procedures were done, four of us went for lunch at Tien Tien. Four of us shared wanton mee, chicken rice and beef rice. Couldn't finish. Lol. We went over to the shopping centre beside Nando's. The ladies bought fruits. In the end they didn't go Target. Lol.

Afterwards I don't know how I ended up at Baby's place but I did haha. Ok I got this feeling that was when we watched Save The Last Dance. AIYA either that day or Monday la huh. Heh.

Walked over to Jacquelyn's place at 6pm for dinner and cell discussion. Then ZLM at 7.30pm. ZLM was a bit different that night. Heh. But was great 'cos I'm finally meeting the church people again. After ZLM the UWA zone went for bubble tea. Soon enough we were all heading home.



Ok I've covered quite a lot. Critics another time! Sowie. Heh. School's started! So far still ok. 'Cos it just started obviously haha. But good thing my contact hours are not as crazy as last year. All the math and physics and COMPUTER SCIENCE. Now I'm just purely business. Except for one sickening stats unit. Argh. Not that I don't like stats (I love it, in fact) but it's 5 freakin' contact hours! The rest are only 3 per week!

Okies I'm going off now. Will continue again real soon!



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: