Saturday 9 February 2008

SICK? ALLERGY?

I don't know! I've been sneezing quite a lot lately. Wake up, blocked nose, sneeze sneeze sneeze. But when I'm out my nose seems ok. Tsk. The only reason I can find is 'cos my parents have been burning joss sticks for the past few days at home. Argh. It's not fun. Not at all.

I'm here to blog about the summary I did. Let's start with the day out with Sherry Love, last Tuesday. I met her in town but I went to get tickets for the movie (27 dresses) first at Cineleisure. So by the time I reached Wheelock, I was late. It just had to be that way!

We had Fish N Co. for our super early dnner. Say, 3.30pm? Lol.

They changed their menu a bit here and there and the price is definitely cheaper. They make their menu look big but in reality it's still pretty limited. I had the chilli cream pasta, Sherry had the...New York fish n chips right? I'd say the food was o-k.

So after we finished our meal we walked back to Cineleisure for our movie. I LOVED THE MOVIE! It's not a tear jerker (at least not for me) but it was a really good drama! I give it two thumbs up man. TWO THUMBS UP! It's even better than Devil Wears Prada. Really sweet movie!

After the movie I got a cup of green tea chiller from Gloria Jean's. Walked Sherry to the MRT station and separated. I continued walking towards Plaza Singapura 'cos I couldn't take the MRT with a cup of green tea chiller in my hands. So I walked all the way to Plaza Singapura and took the MRT home from Dohby Ghaut.




On last Thursday I met up with Wei Da, my secondary school classmate and primary school tuition mate. We met at Marina Square for dinner at Waraku. It was my first time meeting him since O's! I'd say it was a good meet up =).

The food was not bad la. There's a Japanese restaurant in Wheelock that's much better but oh wells. Waraku was still not bad =). After our dinner we walked around and somehow ended up at Shaw Centre for ice cream. THE ICE CREAM WAS HEAVENLY! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

After ice cream we walked over to Arab Street to take a look 'cos I haven't been there for yeeeaaars and thought I've never been there. Most shops were closed by then, though. So in the end we just walked around a bit before both of us took the MRT back from Bugis.

Wei Da's now in the U.S. for exchange haha. I bet he's missing Singapore food already. Funny how we used to be of terribly terms in secondary school. Oh wells! =D




I've blogged about the days I went out with my darling Pillow on Friday and Saturday. Sunday? Church in the morning. I was filled with gratitude towards God during the service. Was so touched I cried. Thank You, God, for having kept Daddy. If you had chosen his twin I wouldn't have been here. I thank You for having blessed me with so much. A loving Daddy, loving Mummy, loving You.

After service I went home 'cos Daddy, Mummy and I were gonna go out together for lunch. We had lunch at Bedok hawker centre. The one near Bedok bus interchange. I had dumpling noodles. It was crap. But the dessert I had (from Tian Ping Zi Jia I think) was awesome. Burbor chacha with the tapioca jelly! Even when I had it cold! My parents like their dessert too (almond paste for Daddy and pulut terigu for Mummy).

After that we went Tampinese Mall 'cos Daddy hadn't bought his CNY cloths. Walked around a bit before we bought a n-o-t b-a-d top from BHG. The one I saw at Takashimaya was nicer but oh wells. No time.

After shopping we went over to a relative's house to "Song Li" (give gifts). I was really really tired by then I nearly dozed off while my parents chatted with my relatives. Heh. But it finally ended and Daddy sent Mummy and I to Grandma's place and he himself went for his dinner.

Dinner was usual. Delicious and homely. Argh ok to be honest I'm sneezing so bad I can't remember exactly what happened at Grandma's place but you just need to know I always love visiting Grandma. =)




Ok I'm gonna stop here. I'm really struggling. But I'll do critics =).




Restaurant: Dome
Location: Parkway basement beside Borders.
Beverages: Mainly coffee, tea, milkshakes and smoothies. Maybe soft drinks?
Appetizers: I'm quite sure they have but I'm not too sure.
Entree: Wide variety. Pasta, sandwches, risottos.
Dessert: Cakes, cookies and such.
Other:
Atmosphere: A nicer version of Starbucks/Coffeebean. Not bad.
Service: Depends.
Notes: Their serving size is smaller as compared to in Australia. Quality also not as good. But still passable. Better than most western cuisines in Singapore.
Overall Rating: 6/10. They should keep to the same serving size as in Australia. Quality as well.

Restaurant: Tian Pin Xiao Wu (Dessert House?)
Location: Along the shophouses at Marine Parade, Nearer to Popular's unsheltered stairs.
Beverages: Herbal tea? Not sure.
Appetizers:
Entree:
Dessert: Peanut/sesame/almond paste, yam paste with ginko nuts, pulut hitam and MORE!
Other:
Atmosphere: Just a nice small shop. Comfortability pass. The greatness of their dessert makes you forget your atmosphere. Sort of.
Service: GOOD! Nice and friendly =).
Notes:
Overall Rating: 8/10. If you're a dessert person, better still an asian dessert person, you got to try this place.

Restaurant: Gelateria Venezia
Location: Parkway basement behind Coffee Bean.
Beverages: Mainly coffee, tea, milkshakes and smoothies. Maybe soft drinks?
Appetizers: I'm quite sure they have but I'm not too sure.
Entree: Pasta, sandwiches?
Dessert: Ice cream, waffles.
Other:
Atmosphere: Nice small place in the corner.
Service: Depends.
Notes: I'd say not as good as Gelare but it's really good as well.
Overall Rating: 6.5/10. Worth the try.

Restaurant: Central Hong Kong Cafe
Location: Takashimaya basement 2, opposite Ajsan Ramen.
Beverages: Your Hong Kong beverages like coffee (iced/hot), milk tea (iced/hot), yinyang, fruit juices. Average variety.
Appetizers: Didn't check. Probably dimsum? Not sure.
Entree: Hong Kong dishes like fried rice, fried noodle/horfun, hong kong pasta/baked rice. Quite a variety.
Dessert: Quite limited. Other Hong Kong Cafes have more.
Other:
Atmosphere: Not very comfortable when it gets crowded but still passable.
Service: Average.
Notes: Some of their food are served in very special dishes/bowls. Interesting. Beef hor fun was good. Baked rice wasn't that good.
Overall Rating: 6.5/10. Don't try if you've tried other Hong Kong Cafe but no harm trying if you haven't.

Restaurant: Fish N Co.
Location: Wheelock Place, second level.
Beverages: Soft drinks, maybe soda? Not much varieties. Their ginger beer is damn cheater.
Appetizers: Their usuals. Not much difference. Mussels in lemon butter cream sauce (I think), calamaris and so on.
Entree: Fish n chips, pasta, mainly seafood. Fish n chips were ok. Their chips were awesome but I have to say their fish was only average. Interestingly fried with cheese (new york fish n chips I think) but still average. Pasta was disappointing.
Dessert: I can't exactly remember but pretty limited.
Other:
Atmosphere: Same as most Fish N Co. atmospheres. Their sofa seats are comfy =).
Service: They're quite unattentive. WHY NO WATER?!
Notes:
Overall Rating: 6/10. Probably one of the better fish n chips you can get in Singapore but it's definitely not something special. If you love this place you got to go Australia one day for their REAL fish n chips.

Restaurant: Waraku
Location: Marina Square.
Beverages: Didn't check.
Appetizers: Your average Japanese appetizers like sushi, jellyfish, edamame and so on. Their potato and cheese in hot plate was awesome.
Entree: Quite a wide variety but not all are nice. Cha soba was average.
Dessert: They have their traditional Japanese desserts. I haven't tried them.
Other:
Atmosphere: Comfortable.
Service: Not bad but they got to go friendly on their use of Japanese.
Notes:
Overall Rating: 6.5/10. If you like this place, you'll love Kyoto Sabo AjiTei better. Or, if you're in for splurging, go check out this Japanese place at Wheelock Place's third level.

Restaurant: Tian Pin Zi Jia
Location: Bedok hawker centre near Bedok Bus Interchange.
Beverages:
Appetizers:
Entree:
Dessert: Peanut/sesame/almond paste, yam paste with ginko nuts, pulut hitam, tang yuan, burbor chacha and MORE!
Other:
Atmosphere: Hawker centre. Not very comfortable but something people can get used to.
Service: GOOD! Nice and friendly =). No harm asking for sampling to see if it's too sweet or not sweet enough.
Notes:
Overall Rating: 8.5/10. If you're a dessert person, better still an asian dessert person, you got to try this place.



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: