Friday 15 February 2008

RARRR!

I'm back and roaring! Not. I'm honestly very tired. Nearly fell asleep in the bus on the way to the airport this evening. Heh. But I'll still blog! =)

I realised I have some pictures I forgot to blog about. Pictures of CNY's eve.Sneak preview of Mummy's signature dish =).

Daddy teaching me how to take portrait shots!

The CNY tree seen in a different angle.

The not-so-simple reunion dinner.



Ok back to where I stopped! Second day of CNY. Relatives (from Daddy's side) came over to my place as usual except there was no lunch (DON'T ask me why 'cos I really don't know). Biggest and second aunt came first and left before the rest came.

Then my youngest and second youngest (fourth) aunt came with their family.LtR: Youngest aunt (in green), second youngest aunt, Jessica, Sean, youngest aunt's hubby, Daddy, Tristan.

Second youngest aunt (top) and her family (bottom). LtR: her hubby, Jeanette, Sherman.

Second youngest aunt in background, Mummy in foreground.

What a crowd! They left after about 1-2 hours. After they left, Daddy, Mummy and I had a simple lunch. By then it was already pretty late lol. Baby came over in the evening to pick me up to go pick his friend, Eric, from Malaysia, up from Rochor area. Eric came down to Singapore to take a flight back to Perth so Baby was responsible for Eric for that night haha.

Baby went home with Eric for their CNY 2nd day dinner after sending me home. But later at night three of us went out again. Baby and I at first brought Eric to this pub in Siglap area. Funny how at that time we were still calling each other mutual friends. But after about an hour of drinking (those two had beer while I had tequilla sunrise), we decided to bring Eric down to Clinic at Clark Quay via taxi.

So when we reached Clark Quay, Baby and I were holding hands =). Heh. Ok and Eric really enjyoed himself at Clinic. Mainly 'cos one or two waiters could shuffle as well. Eric wanted to go into Ministry of Sound (MOS) but the queue was too long. So Eric drank beer (AGAIN) while Baby had one of their redish-pink drinks.

When they were done drinking, we still walked around a bit to show Eric around Singapore in the night. They even went into one of the McDonald's in Clark Quay area for fries. Crazy! I didn't eat la but I accompanied them. In the end they couldn't finish lol and we cabbed home.



I went to sleep at around 4am and woke up at around 6.30am. Baby had to drive Eric down to the airport and I accompanied Baby. To be honest when I woke up I was still hoping everything wasn't a dream haha. And it wasn't =).

We had coffee while Eric had sprite (???) before Eric went in for his flight. Then Baby drove me home and I just knocked out. Suuuper tired. But I didn't sleep very long. Probably for only about 3 hours? And I spent the rest of my afternoon surfing the net. When it was time, I left for CG at Nelson's place.

CG was pretty torturous for me 'cos remember my nose had problems? I took flu medicine before I left the house and so by then time I reached Nelson's place and CG started, the medicine kicked in. I managed to pay attention throughout la but I was really really tired.

After CG I took a bus back home and Baby picked me up at the St. Pat's bus stop. He drove his dad's Volks Wagen (VW) Passat. We went down to Orchard area for a movie. Cine's Ah Long Pte Ltd was fully booked so we ended up parking his car behind Wheelock Place 'cos we were going to watch with his best friend, Shawn, and his gf, Denise, at Shaw.

Baby tried to make me eat 'cos I didn't eat much the whole day 'cos of my nose. In the end I only had a small cup of ice cream haha. Baby's feet were pain 'cos of his new shoes so we didn't walk around much. Just hung around the outside of Wheelock Place for a while before going up to the cinema area.

After sitting around for a while, Shawn and Denise came up to meet us. I was pretty nervous actually, heh, meeting Baby's best friend. Plus I was still a bit drowsy. Hence I didn't talk much. BUT I did talk still. Just a bit. Shawn and Baby bought bubble tea before we went in for the movie. I had to smuggle Baby's drink in for him lol.

Ah Long Pte Ltd WAS DAMN GOOD! I felt so close to home again! Jack Neo's movies should be played in Australia as well. Singapore humour. I wouldn't say it's one of its kind but it's really good, really homely. It's been a while since I watched a local movie in the cinemas. I really really loved it. Had a good laugh!

After the movie, Shawn took the VW Passat for a drive with Denis, Baby and I in it. After the drive, they decided to go down to Joo Chiat area for Fei Fei Wanton Mee. Only Shawn and Baby ate. They both had teh peng also. Denise had milo. I just had nothing. Blame the nose!

When they were all done, we seperated. Baby drove me home safely and that was my day =).



Sunday! Church. Same preacher, same topic. Pretty straightforward but definitely made sense. After service I went home AGAIN. This time 'cos I'm supposed to have lunch with Daddy and Mummy before my Godparents came to visit.

My Godparents came at around 2.30pm. Their kids are so big now! One p3, one p1. I still remember them as toddlers. Oh man. I didn't even know how to play with them! To totally silence me all you need to do is throw me with kids. I'll just be in a total lost.

After they left, Daddy, Mummy and I dressed up and we left home to visit relatives. We went to Tampinese area again to visit the same relative as the week before but this time to bai nian. We also went to our ex-neighbour's place but they weren't home. In the end we went over to Tampinese Mall to walk around. Yep, in my bright red dress. Imagine the stares I got.

Anyways. GUESS WHO I SAW!!!!! OMGOSHOMGOSHOMGOSH IT WAS CHRISTINE! AAAAARGH! I miss you so much! I'm really really sorry I haven't found time to meet you but I really love how we keep bumping into each other at weird times and weird places!!!!!

We were at Century Square. Somehow. Haha. And we were hungry. So we went basement 1 to look out for any nice places to have dinner at. Ended up at Koo Kee Dumpling and Ramen House.Our appetizer. Was good! But I've forgotten what it is. Heh.

The lady dealing with the yu sheng. My parents ordered a set meal for two (more like for 4) while I ordered zha jiang mian. I didn't take any picture of my zha jiang mian haha but it was not bad. Quite different.

I shared my noodles with my parents la and I took a bit of their food also. Was still having a "hang over" from my sickness/allergy.Foreground: some fried tofu. Background: shark's fin soup which I didn't touch.

Er. Fried vegetables?

Fried glutinous rice. This was really good.

Pre-dessert thingy haha. I don't know what it is but we're supposed to do what Mummy did in this picture and stuff as much sesame seeds in as possible. It was reaaally good!

I also ordered red bean pancake. Didn't quite like it. The pastry was too thick. The only good thing was their red bean paste wasn't too sweet.

My parents' set meal's dessert. Something really light. With jelly. And I don't know the name too. Haha. After we went home reeeally full. I had fun with Daddy and Mummy =).



MONDAY! By right I was supposed to stay home and help Mummy to prepare stuff for that night's dinner but Mummy seemed ok on her own. Baby wanted my to accompany him to Parkway 'cos he wanted to get something for my parents. So I told Mummy to call me if she needed me which she didn't lol.

Baby and I both had bubble tea for lunch HAHA and spent quite a bit of time in Cold Storage choosing wine. He ended up buying something from South Africa. It's apparently from a very good vineyard. Oh man I should start studying on wine.

We got to my place at around 4pm and Daddy and Mummy said Baby shouldn't have spent that money haha. Instead of helping Mummy (she still didn't need help), we ended up helping Daddy bring all the chairs down. Mummy didn't even ask for help AT ALL. My independent Mummy haha.

People started to come at around 7pm. Eunice was the first. Then Baby and I walked out to bring Joshua and his friend, Jocelyn, in. When we were back Alicia and Lucas were already around. Then I walked Wei Jun and Shawn in. Then David reached. Jeremy and Weiping came last hahaha but I felt really bad making so many people walk so far =(.LtoR: Lucas, Alicia, Joshua, Eunice.

LtR: Jocelyn, my handsome Baby!


LtR: Eunice (behind the handrails), Weiping, David, Jeremy.

Thanks again to all who came! Daddy and Mummy had fun with you guys haha. I hope you guys enjoyed dinner. I know Baby had fun =).

After all of them left, and Daddy and Mummy went up to sleep, Baby hung around a little more before he walked home. That was the official first time Baby met my parents since we got together and my parents like him!



Tuesday was spent with Mummy at Parkway 'cos Mummy wanted to get her phone fixed. But before we did anything, we went to Coffee Bean for lunch (for me) and teatime (for Mummy).Looks delicious? NOT! This plate sent me to the toilet 3-4 times! I couldn't even finish it. Too creamy and too much cheese. Fail. But bread was good. Coffee was good.

When we were done we went over to Nokia Care Centre. While Mummy waited for her turn at the service side, I went to get some photos developed. By the time I got back to Mummy it was her turn already haha!

The photos were only done at 3.15pm and I had a facial at 3.30pm and it was only about 2.30pm by the time we left Nokia Care Centre so we walked around. I searched for nice shoes but to no avial. Before we knew it, it was 3.15pm. I went to collect my photos (happy happy!) and then went for my facial.

Facial was an hour long and Mummy came to meet me after my facial. We bought some products (for myself) from Shiseido and I also got myself a pair of shoes. Nothing fancy, something simple and easy to match for most clothes. Next? Home!

That night Baby came over my place for a while before he went to meet Shawn. I'm like his sniffing glue lol. But he claims I'm better than sniffing glue haha!



Wednesday I was out with Baby =). We had lunch at Beach Road Prawn Noodles! I sooo miss that place! Yumyumyum to the max! After lunch we went down to Plaza Singapura (PS) together for CJ7. Okok I know I've been going on and on about how I didn't want to watch that movie but lotsa people have been telling me it's really good so I decided to give it a try.

I found the movie not as good as Ah Long Pte Ltd but it was also pretty funny! The cute little fluffy alien! But this movie is definitely better than Kung Fu Hustle. I wasted my money for Kung Fu Hustle.

After the movie we had coffee at Rocky Master. Devil's brew is FIERCE! It's sooo strong I just loved it. While we were having coffee, Mummy messaged me saying she was at Paragon with Daddy. So after Baby and I were done with our coffee we walked down to Paragon to meet them. THEY were also having coffee. Lol.

Helped Daddy choose a new shirt. Found one really nice one (after so many million tries lol) but don't have his size! Daddy and Mummy were talking to this super hyper salesperson and I dragged Baby and myself out of it. Heh. Baby and I went over to Taka to continue our search for a pretty photo album (we couldn't find any at PS).

According to Mummy, after we left, they went down to Isetan Scotts to try their luck for Daddy's shirt but there wasn't any his size either so they thought Parkway's Isetan might have it BUT Parkway's Isetan didn't even carry that brand. LOL!

Meanwhile Baby and I were at Taka looking for a nice photo album and we DID find one! It's the one I took a picture of and posted it for the Valentine's Day post. Very very pretty =). After buying the album, we had ice cream from Azabu Sabo. Black sesame. And we slowly made our way to Orchard MRT station. The jam was too crazy to take a bus back.

Baby walked me all the way home from Kembangan MRT station before he walked himself home. Hehe. Thank you, Baby!



I'll blog about Valentine's Day another time. And if you really want to know, it's 12.49am, 16/2/2008, at the moment. Ok, cut it short. I'm going to sleep. Critics another time. I should stop being so lazy. BUT the reason why I'm still not blogging about Valentine's Day is 'cos Baby hasn't passed me the photos! Haha so not my fault ^^.



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: