Tuesday 19 February 2008

15&16/02/2008

Was out with Baby last Friday for some museum excursion haha! But before we actually went down to the national museum, we stopped by Marina Square for coffee at Rocky Master. Why Marina Square? 'Cos he wanted to show me a picture of himself his father placed on the wall. HAHA! Nope, Baby's father is not the boss of Rocky Master. Rocky Master's just one of his projects.

My iced coffee and Baby's devil's brew.

Baby said it looked like our cameras went on a date lol.

When we were done with our coffee, Baby went to get some batteries from 7-11 at CityLink before we went down to the national museum together.THE CEILING WAS DAMN PRETTY! Can't remember when was the last time I stepped into the national musuem (it was Baby's first) but I definitely didn't take note of the ceiling.

Baby and I got the tickets for the Greek exhibition, Singapore history and Singapore living exhibition. I so should have brought my 400D but ah wells. In we went!This is so not a Greek artifact ok. Haha.

AMEN.

We spent quite some time in there taking photos and looking at the exhibitions. Baby just couldn't help comparing our photos with the professioanl photographers' photos outside. Lol.

I thought this was a good shot by Baby. Heh. But it has nothing to do with the Greek exhibition. I think.

Next we went for the Singapore history gallery.Baby's so gonna kill me if he sees this lol.

Baby found F1 on the Singapore stone. Can you find it? =D

I happily chose the personal path which was a super huge mistake towards the middle part. Haha you'll know why.

This was when I started to get scared. Was really glad Baby was there holding my hand throughout or I might not have survived. I got scared at even the slightest things like the shadow of a moving fan. Heh. There were also certain parts where Baby was shocked/scared.

We finally got out of that place (the companion thingy got quite irritating) and moved on to the Singapore living gallery.

On the way back up. Haha we were both damn fascinated about the swinging lamps. We actually already saw them from a far when we were not in the museum yet and were wondering what they were 'cos they looked like bouncing lights.

Baby and I didn't go into all the rooms. Only the food and photography ones 'cos we were getting quite bored and tired. The food one was a big mistake though..'cos we left the place hungry! The smell was killing. Smelt like ham chi peng! Hence the hunger.

Next, photography.They were just photos of the past. I was expecting something different heh. But I managed to catch a glimpse of the cameras people used back then. SAW A CAMERA THAT LOOKED SIMILAR TO DADDY'S OLYMPUS!

Before we rushed to the toilet I made Baby take that photo. Heh.

The toilet was situated in this restaurant/bar in the museum. Outside the toilet were shelves of wine bottles.Can imagine Baby's excitement. =D

The super long table in the restaurant/bar. Took that photo 'cos of the out-of-place set of wine glass. After the museum, Baby and I walked over to Tang's basement 'cos, as I've said, we were hungry. We walked around for quite a bit before I settled on the butterfly thingy. Baby had Taiwan mee sua =D.

When we were done eating, we took bus 36 back. My first time sending Baby home! Not to his doorstep, though haha. 'Cos I was going to the airport so I took bus 36 with him. But he got off at his stop. Later in that night he had an outing with his friends. Had to encourage him to go lol.

So yep, I went down to the airport to SEND NELSON OFF TO BRISBANE! He was actually tearing at the departure gate! Awww man. You'll be missed, don't worry =D. We wrote a card for him and shared a gift (some huge sponebob) for him. His other friends were there to send him off as well haha. Lucky guy.

After sending Nelson off I went straight home. Was sooooo tired. I think I also slept quite early. Heh.



Had lunch with Baby on Saturday. We were back at Plaza Singapura, AGAIN. He had to return the SCV top set to Starhub (I think he could've done it at Parkway haha but it's okies). We were so early all the restaurant were not open yet. So Baby and I went over to Rocky Master 'cos he needed some coffee.HAHA that sticker is so that students will stop approaching him for more donations but he sticked it on his hands nobody could see. Poor students doing flag day.

When we got back into Plaza Singapura after Baby was done with his coffee, Ajisen Ramen was still not open (don't know what got into me, making me wanna try that place again after so many years) so we went over to Kyoto Sabo Ajitei.

THE MENU WAS SO LIMITED THIS TIME! This and that not available. What the heck. The last time I went there all their stuff on their menu were available and nice!

I ended up getting this seafood ramen. Was not bad but not exactly fabulous. Baby had some pan fried salmon rice set thingy. After lunch Baby sent me off at the bus stop while he went to meet up with his dad. It turned out that his dad wanted Baby to meet him at Kembangan haha. Oh wells.

Baby went home to help his dad cook 'cos his dad had friends over at his place for dinner. I practically had nothing to do at home lol. But later that night Baby drove over to my place. We had nothing to do, I needed to get shampoo, so out we went, searching for 24/7 places that sell my shampoo.

Our area (Siglap) didn't have any place that sells my shampoo (what's so difficult about selling Pantene in 7-11 in Siglap???) so we went all the way to Geylang just 'cos I jokingly said Mustafa's in Geylang. Obviously it isn't haha but we didn't want to go too far either so we went down to Geylang.

ONE OF THE 7-11s IN GEYLANG HAS MY SHAMPOO. What is thiiiiis. All the way in Geylang. But then again, guess who I bumped into! Lucas! Lucas from TNS! Apparently he's switched his job. Haha. Baby thought someone was trying to catch my attention 'cos LUCAS CALLED ME "EH!" AND NOT MY NAME! Lol!

Baby wanted to watch soccer (Man-U vs Arsenal) so we ended up at Tanjong Katong area. Watched it off some projector screen at the hawker centre in the hostel. Man-U won 4-0! Oh yeah! =D Good thing Baby and I both support Man-U!

After the match Baby was hungry lol so I accompanied him down to Fei Fei Wanton Mee at Joo Chiat area. It's the once-I'm-out-I-don't-feel-like-going-back feeling. I was pretty tired but I just wanted to spend more time with Baby before he flew back. Haha Baby felt so bad he sent me home immediately after he was done. =D



Restaurant: Rocky Master
Location: Plaza Singapura #01-K1, Marina Square #01-09.
Beverages: Coffee (hot/cold), tea, juices.
Appetizers: Limited but heard they're good. Can't quite remember what they are =P.
Entree: Pizzas, pasta, sandwches. THE PIZZA WAS AWESOME!
Dessert: Cakes and muffins and cookies! Tried the strawberry cheesecake (compatible with Coffee Bean's cheesecake but definitely not as good as The Cheesecake Cafe's) and apple and almond crumble flan. Both were mouthwateringly good!
Other:
Atmosphere
: The one at Marina Square is comfier.
Service: Good!
Notes: YOU GOT TO TRY THEIR DEVIL'S BREW! It's addictive. No joke. Totally.
Overall Rating: 7/10. Must try at least once. Especially the stuff I've mentioned.

Restaurant: Kyoto Sabo Ajitei
Location: Plaza Singapura #02-01.
Beverages: Can't remember but I think it's limited.
Appetizers: Pretty limited too.
Entree: Very limited. Some not available. What the crap.
Dessert: I have to say their desserts are good. Wide variety too. Only strong point in that place.
Other:
Atmosphere
: Dimmed just nice. Comfortable.
Service: Irritating with the Japanese speaking. Otherwise, ok.
Notes: Go only for their dessert. You want better entrees, go for Sushi Tei.
Overall Rating: 5.5/10. Only if you're a dessert person.



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: