Thursday 7 February 2008

HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!


I know it's kinda late into the day already haha but still! Yep, the pig year is gone and now the rat's here. All the best to the PSLE people haha.

I wasn't exactly very excited about Chinese New Year (just like how I wasn't very excited about Christmas) but I sure did look forward to it. For two years I haven't celebrated Chinese New Year 'cos of studies in Australia.

First year I totally missed it because I flew to Australia on the 2nd of January (2006). College started early and it seriously felt like crap. It was a good thing Mummy was there for me for a month and cooked a very warm dinner for me on the very first day of CNY. Oh those were the days in that not-so-decent hotel.

Second year I flew back to Australia on the very first day of CNY, at night. I did manage to visit Grandma and Greatgrandma in the day, though. I still remember Greatgrandma looking at me throughout the day as if she knew it would be her last time seeing me. And indeed it was for she passed away in June during my examination period.

This year I get to stay in Singapore for the whole 15 days of CNY. Don't know if I'll still get to do this for the next few years but this year was really great. I get to bake and cook with Mummy. It's been two whole years! More than two years if you talk about baking.

Anyways. All those of you who get to enjoy CNY to its fullest, please don't take it for granted. =) Happy Chinese New Year again!



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: