Tuesday 12 February 2008

CNY!

I'm not starting with CNY but I will blog about it eventually don't worry haha. I'll start with last Monday. My Monday started quite early although I didn't start helping till about 1 hour after I woke up.Mummy's humongous knife! I helped Mummy shape the abacus beads. She did the cooking herself (you wouldn't really want to have two women at the stove taking care of one dish 'cos it can turn out quite disastreous).

In the afternoon Mummy and I brought Grandma to East Point 'cos Grandma's body was aching all over. While Grandma did her treatment I walked around East Point for a while. After Grandma was done with her treatment, Mummy and I accompanied her to buy some flowers before we drove her home again.

To be honest I'm super worried for Grandma. She's had so many terrible maids and now that she's finally sent away her last terrible maid, she's doing all the household chores herself. My uncle and my aunt has to work and so they can't help much unless it's at night. Ah wells.



Tuesday I went out with my darling Pillow again. This time was so that he'll buy his CNY clothes. We had some food first, though. We got the Japanese pancake from Takashimaya basement 2. I had cheese (pancake shaped in fish) while he had blueberry with cheese (normal circular shape).

We then walked over to Wisma Atria for his stuff. Showed him some shoes from Pedro but they were super expensive! We went up to FCUK for him to get his top. I'm so glad he liked it! He looked reeeaaallyyy good in that top! =)

After he got his top we didn't have anywhere to go and ended up at Wheelock Place. Walked around a bit before we settled down at Coffee Bean. He had some viennese coffee (which he didn't enjoy =\), I had cinnamon ice blended and we shared a slice of carrot cake. Good thing he liked the carrot cake!

After sitting around for a looong while, he decided to get his pair of shoes and the book he's been wanting to buy. But when we went back to Pedro at Wisma, we found out their display set was the last pair so we decided to go down to CityLink to get it.

Meanwhile we went over to Kinokuniya at Taka to get his books. In the end he bought TWO books! S$80++ gone! Hahaha. When we were done we took a train down to Cityhall interchange and walked to CityLink's Pedro. He didn't even try again and just bought that pair of shoes. Lol.

We took a bus back and he walked me all the way to my doorstep. Thanks so much baby! That was also the frst time my parents saw him but we weren't together then. Haha. I'm really really glad he stays nearby. Although he needs to walk quite a bit to get to my place but he never complains and I'm thankful for that. =)



Wednesday was CNY's eve! I spent the whole day at home being Mummy's emergency button. We had our reunion dinner at around 6pm. Usual dishes we eat every year. Looove it! After dinner the three of us went to Giant 'cos Daddy wanted to buy...underwear. I got myself a pair of red FBT shorts. NOT 'cos it's CNY but 'cos I love red. I also got four bottles of mulberry juice.

Our CNY's eve was simple but very warm and homely. Something I've learnt to appreciate much more since I went Australia for studies =).



THURSDAY WAS THE VERY FIRST DAY OF CNY! We had our usual vegetarian breakfast 'cos my parents normally eat vegetarian on the morning of the first day of CNY. But I obviously don't follow so when we reached Grandma's place I had a biiig bowl of rice vermicilli. Love love!

Aunt Siew Keow, Samantha, Uncle Kheng Joo, my parents and I didn't go over to Granduncle's place. Aunt Siew Keow and Samantha I don't know why. Uncle Kheng Joo 'cos he needs to cook lunch. My parents 'cos of some superstition and so I have no choice. If only I had a car hey. Haha.

The remaining of the first day of CNY was spent at home sleeping. 6 hours! Shiok. Heh.



I'll blog about Friday onwards another time =).
Relatives came, I took pictures with my 400D and I was blessed with my Baby. =)



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: