Sunday 25 November 2007

HAPPY 29th ANNIVERSARY =)

Went Christ Methodist Church (CMC) for service this morning. Attended the youth service 'cos Tootface was playing the piano there =D. I wanted to just sneak in right before the service to avoid anybody's notice but at the end of the service everyone came up to me. The response wasn't anything like what I expected. Really.

Waited for Diana, Tootface and Jon for lunch but in the end Nelson and I had to make our own ways to Parkway and join the rest for lunch. I stuck to my Ban Mian stall and had beehoon kueh. Classic. Slurps! Also walked around Borders for a while before making my own way home 'cos my dear parents were waiting for me to go Grandma's house together.

Dinner was CURRY! I reached Grandma's place at around 3.15pm la. Helped her cook this and that. I mean, no, I didn't cook one whole proper dish at all but I just helped her when she needed to chop this or that, or tasting =D. Dinner was ultimate shiok. Grandma's curry's still lagi best. Gotta learn how to make the paste from scratch from Grandma before I go back to Perth again!

The surprise happened after dinner.
Daddy and Mummy's 29th wedding anniversary! They never saw it coming haha. Kudos to Aunt Siew Khim =). Forgot to return her the cake money! She also forgot to pass me my muffins haha! Fair deal =P.



I have to say...God's timing is ultimately the best and perfect. He made my parents' birthdays both fall during my school's study break period and so they can come over during that period and three of us can celebrate it together (although it hasn't happened these two years but it sure will during the next two).

He made my parents' wedding anniversary and my birthday fall at the end of the year so that we can celebrate these occassions together as a family back home here in Singapore.

God is definitely without doubt worthy of all my glory, praise and worship. Thank you, Heavenly Daddy. =)



signing off~DE XIN

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aawwww soo sweet & nice!!
eh my so called wedding anniversary hor (chinese wedding & rom) aweek apart only, stupid husband never remembered in this entire marriage. kanasai! but ours i guess were never as nice & loving like ur folks!? a.jo =(

De Xin said...

HAHA my parents never celebrated before. Only last year when I found out their anniversary date then I start celebrating for them. If not they also do nothing one. Really =D.

Mishi said...

hey girl! send my congrats to your parents! =) *hugs*

De Xin said...

Hehe will do will do! =)