Sunday 10 July 2005

reading nigel's blog entries, i've came to realise that i really need to brush up on my writing skills. i mean, just look at it. his description. it's superb. all these while i've been depending on my ideas, my inspiration, just to score well for my composition. of course, that wouldn't last. it's true all writers start writing a book due to inspiration, due to a rush of ideas. but which writer writes without splendid descriptions? maybe only those books for pre-mature kids. i can't possible step foot into australia with such lousy writing coz i would probably just flunk all the english tests n examinations i have to go through during my schooling years. i mean, just look at it. LOOK AT IT. http://www.insurgo.blogspot.com really. maybe i should stop blogging like a diary entry. maybe i should start writing like how writers do. the problem is...i've seen many writers with short life span. olivia goldsmith? she died during a plastic surgery(face lift). i mean, it's not as if i would go to these kind of surgeries (who knows) but don't you find it a little too much of a coincidence? i do. oh my God just read his blog! u dun even have to read his entries to realise how wonderful his vocab is. the description of his blog already proves it all.



"If you seek to find verbose entries which represent the epitome of ludicrousity, you've come to the right place. Prepared to be drowned in lengthly entries on just about anything. Entries in black are random(They could be about this or that, even you). Entries in blue are on homework or research. Lastly entries in red are on politics. Go ahead, indulge yourselves. By the time you realise what you've done with your time, it's already wasted."



It isn't as descriptive as his entries but just look at the really difficult words being used. Yes he may have grew up in australia before coming back to Singapore. The thing that amased me was that he didnt get affected by the way Singaporeans speak/write! Maybe from today onwards, i will have to spend a little more time on blogging. My dictionary would even come in handy. I don't think i would use the thesaurus again. It is just so lousy! You see? The stuffs my school "recommends"? Excellent. Ok enough of all that English stuff. Lets talk about what happened yesterday.



As i opened my eyes to the morning sun(*ahem*), the first thing that came into my mind was, "what time is it?". It wasn't just another boring school day ahead but a fun shopping day ahead. I got my lazy butt off my crumpled bed, and dragged my heavy feet to the bathroom. Brushing my teeth always seemed like a chore to me. Indeed, everyone has to brush their teeth at least twice a day to keep them clean. But has anyone ever wondered how we mankinds survived without toothpastes nor toothbrushes back then? Has anyone ever realised how we mankinds get more prone to sickness and diseases as technology improves and as our personal hygeine improves? Life is always full of contradictions. Washing away the gel i applied to sleep the night before, i couldn't deny i was a little reluctant on going out. While i bathed, the thoughts of what i should wear out kept bugging me. I can't possibly wear the same attire i wore last week as i have tuition late afternoon. Rummaging through my closet, my eyes set upon the black miniskirt with silver rings. I haven't been wearing this for eons, I thought. Behind the full-length mirror i managed to chance upon my pink polo shirt. I put the clothes on n stared at my reflection in the full -length mirror. Not that bad! I then started on my makeup. The usual stuff. Dark eye shadows, thick mascara, thick eye liner, blusher n lip gloss. Perfect. I stuffed all the cosmetics into my handbag n scanned through my room again to see if i left anything behind. Smoky smoke stung my eyes when i opened my room door. Damn those incense joss sticks! My eyes got all teary as i made my way down the stairs. "Man Gu Gu," i called. I'm sure u guys know wad "Gu Gu" means paternal Aunt. For my case, "Man" means the smallest. I don't quite understand why but that is how my family goes. Apperently, my Aunt was there to give prayers to my ancestors. Thick-skinned-ly, i asked my dad for some money. He gave me 30 bucks. As quickly as possible, i slipped my sneakers on n rushed out of the house as i was close to being late. Time check: 11.05am DAMN! I only have 25 minutes to get to dohby gaut mrt station! How can that be possible?! Despite the need to rush, I took the chance to stroll in the park again. I never had the chance to absorb the beauty of this park. I'd either be rushing to the MRT station or i'd be jogging eons ago. The canal is as dirty as usual. Nothing has been done since the last time the park had a renovation. (to be continued...)

1 comment:

Cherrie said...

LOL - don't feel bad. If it makes you feel any better, there are many grammatical mistakes in that very paragraph you quoted.