Sunday 5 October 2008

DREAMS. WHOSE?

When I was 14-15 years old, I mentioned to Mummy once I'd rather dance than study and that I was willing to give up studies anytime just for dance. She thought I was just being a rebel. I meant it. Even up till now.

But each time the image of Daddy telling me his dream is for me to just graduate from university with a proper degree really hurts my heart. I don't know whose dream is more important, more fufilling.

And it sucks to know that I had to reject ECU's offer in dance just to fulfill Daddy's one and only dream. I could have argued a degree in dance in ECU is proper as well but somehow, I don't know why, I didn't. And somehow I'm regretting a little.

It's true, I've taken this path and I should fight till the very end. But what if this path was never meant for me to take?


signing off~DE XIN

No comments: