Monday 13 October 2008

CHRISTMAS?

I remember when I was younger, when people tell Mummy Christmas is coming, I'd ask her one super hint-dropping question. And I'm still gonna do it now.

"REALLY?! DOESN'T THAT MEAN SOMEONE'S BIRTHDAY'S COMING SOON TOO SINCE IT'S ONLY ONE DAY AWAY??????"

I mean, I'm not lying, am I? It IS true! =P

Okok you might wonder why the sudden random Christmas-ness. I just managed to get Brian Setzer's Christmas album. It totally stirred this Christmas mood in me and NOT JUST THAT, it made me wanna learn ballroom real quick so I can dance to his music! You should listen to them. They're REALLY catchy! Fast and slow alike! I'm all prepared to play it back home in Singapore during the Christmas period already!


Anyways, this afternoon, I joined Mark, Gen, Jason and Fran for lunch after church. I was the only one who didn't come from church because I went for the UWA service on Saturday. So we went to Raffles Hotel (no, not the one in Singapore) for lunch. Four small pizza and a small plate of mixed seafood. Finger-licking-good! Especially the duck pizza *drools* I wanna go back there again!

Ok back to the point. So, Gen was stroking Mark, and so was Fran stroking Jason. Then Jason looked at me. "Go get a waiter to stroke or something." O_O And then comes the question. "What's your type of guy?" Oh my, my, not an easy question to answer. Everytime people try asking me that I stumble. I mean, when the right one comes, the right one comes, no?

But I think maybe I could write down some preferences *teehee*. I'll be as realistic as I can get and as superficial as I want!

1. He HAS to be a Christian.
Aaah yes, yes, to some it's like d-uh. But I'm serious! I really want a guy who can have the same train of thought as me, who would solve problems the same way I would, maybe even better. A guy who'd walk with me in my walk with Christ.

2. He has to be slightly bbblurrr.
Ehm. I think it sounds weird haha but ya. I'm actually quite an observant person in certain ways. Sometimes too observant for my own good. I need someone blur or less observant to balance things out. =P And and he has to be the outgoing type of blur. I'm not very outgoing to be honest. I just. Get a bit crazy.

3. Cannot be too skinny or too muscular!
I can't stand it when guys are stick skinny. No offence really but I just can't stand it. OR too muscular? Eeew. No thanks. Toned is good. Chubby's good too!

4. Mmm. English background?
Must speak english that's for sure. Knows how to sit down in a cafe and drink coffee slowly (NOT LIKE HOW MY DAD GULPS DOWN HIS COFFEE LIKE AS IF THEY WERE WATER). Knows how to chill/hang out at a pub/bar. Knows how to appreciate the western cuisine. In short, english mind-set.

5. Preferrably an Asian.
Can be mixed lar. But I must be able to click. Totally no offence here but I find it harder to click with caucasians. It's just me =P.

6. MUST BE WILLING TO LEARN AT LEAST BALLROOM WITH ME!
It's not a must for him to be a contemporary/hiphop/ballet/jazz etc. dancer but at least be willing to learn ballroom with me so that I'll have a partner to dance with at dinners/balls.

7. Cannot be too egoistic!
Omgosh I can't emphasis how much I can't stand egoistic guys. A little ego will be good but let's just stay at a little. Big egos can get on my nerves quite a bit.

8. Has to have at least minimal fashion sense.
This is really superficial haha! But it'd be good to have someone who can dress well beside you!

9. Not too sweet talky.
I can't quite stand...sweet talks. But once in a while would be good I guess? I don't know haha I prefer actions. Like small surprises once in a while. =)

Ok I can't think of anymore. At least these were what they touched on when they asked non-stop. Hah! Ok back to my Christmas songs!


signing off~DE XIN

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

teeheee...
*stroke stroke*

De Xin said...

AIIIIIIIIIIIIIKS!

Anonymous said...

Wah. Haha.

-Ru

De Xin said...

Haha! Min Ru! =D Why?