Thursday 22 May 2008

PHOTOS!!!

Gonna upload some long overdue photos. Finally, hey? Haha that's 'cos I managed to finish my microecons essay (and slept at 5am this morning) and so here I am, taking a short break!

I've been busy busy and just busy ever since the one week study break. After my microecons exam, I had a high school ball to attend the next day (03/05/2008). Was invited by Kang =).(Top) I'm the OLDEST in this picture! But I'm quite sure I don't look oldest ^^.
(Bottom) The little bro. =D

I'd say the ball was a whole new experience for me given I'd never had/attended a high school ball before. There was a befores (when the top picture was taken) where a few of them gathered to...uh...set the mood? I don't know haha. By then a few of them were already drinking (and smoking). Brings back memories huh. The times when I was underaged too.

Half the high school kids who went for the ball were already high before the ball started. Goes to show how much they'd drunk at their own befores. Food was good, although not Hyatt's best standard. Buffet. Could've been better. WHERE'S THE STICKY DATE PUDDING?! And the music was...very high school. Haha. Lotsa disco, hip hop/r&b were a minority, slow songs even more minor haha. Didn't dance a lot cos, er, 1) not my kinda songs and 2) not a familiar crowd.

Afters was the best I reckon. Drank one cup of tequila+coke (credits to StanS). Wasn't really in the mood to drink actually. Lazy. Heh. I enjoyed it best 'cos the boys were getting pretty high and stuff. At least StanS didn't drink so he could drive me home haha. Thanks, Stan!



Next up! Mishi mommy's birthday! 6th of May. Her brother, JoshLau, planned a surprise for her after her dinner with Charles.As usual, Mango was pretty much the centre of attention if not Mishi. They're like a happy family, Charles, Mishi and Mango =D.



Then, birthday again. Haha. Sek Cheng's! 07/05/2008 was the surprise. I think her actual birth date was 08/05/2008.Yayyy! Happy birthday, girl! =)



Been catching up with a few friends lately. Met up with Petrus last Thursday (15/05/2008) for dinner at Applecross. His place is...quite an interesting place to drive around. Haha. We ate at Viva Restaurant. Risotto. AWESOME TO THE MAX!



Just yesterday I had dinner with Ben Lin at Subiaco. Sicilian Café and Restaurant it was. Their pasta was great and affordable. Didn't expect much since their price ain't exactly that high. I thought Ben's Chef's Choice was good though! My gnocchi in pesto sauce was pretty good too but I thought the texture of the gnocchi could be improved. Pizza dough was heeeaaaveenly ^^.MORE DESSERTS NEEDED!

We walked over to Oriel for coffee and cake. Caramel and choc fudge cheesecake and banana and white choc cheesecake. Two words. TOO sweet. Way too sweet, man. But their coffee was terrific. Long macchiato with hazelnut syrup for me and cappuccino for him.

You wouldn't believe it but the whole night was spent talking about our fav hollywood actors/actresses. What a way to catch up haha! But at least I found out he's also a foodie and I can just ask him out whenever I feel like trying somewhere new/good. OH AND HIS SUPRA WAS SO SUPER SEXY minus the fact that it's an auto. Sorry, Kenneth, Ben's Supra beats yours anytime. Wahaha.



Today's catch-up friend was The Good Friend, WX. Tiamo!(Top) My long macchiato with hazelnut syrup.
(Middle) My penne ramazzotti. TWO THUMBS UP! Although the pasta was not al dente. I really love my pasta perfectly al dente. Bijia can relate to that.
(Bottom) WX's tenderloin strip. He says "TOO MUCH CHEESE!" Haha but I love cheese so...*shrugs*. =P

Drove (in his BMW!) to Dalkeith to take a look at the suburb. I have to say. ATAS AREA! All their stuff are all so expensive! Roses at $40/dozen and tulips at $30?! Things in IGA distinctly more expensive?! Oh my. Gosh.

Got home and sleeeeep.



(Top) Mummy's cappuccino.
(Second) My long macchiatto.
(Third) Mummy's gnocchi. AWESOME OK I TELL YOU! CHEWY GNOCCHI!!!!!
(Bottom) My lasagne. Not bad!

Mummy and I bought the Perth Entertainment Book (PEB) and I've been using it quite a bit! Tiamo's with WX was also paid at a discount thanks to the PEB. And the last four pictures were at Heather's Hutch (140 Broadway, near Greco's). Nice and small and cozy! Love love!

Looking forward to more good food with the PEB for the next year or so! No doubt I'm gonna buy it every year.



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: