Tuesday 13 May 2008

MOTHERS' DAY.

Sorry for the limited updates these few weeks. You can't blame me! One essay and one project due soon. Also had mid-sems (which I think I did fairly ok compared to previous sems) and never-ending tutorial questions. BUT that doesn't mean I didn't put in any effort in making Mum's Day a success! The preparation started one week before the actual day.

In the middle of the night/morning, at around 12.30am, I started making the Mothers' Day card. It was more of an instruction card haha since I was telling Mummy to get ready by 9.30 for church service at Curtin. Pastor Patrick insisted!Many performances and sharings. The mums at the service (including Mummy) got a gift!

Had to leave early because the service was dragging on for too long and I had to be at The Esplanade Hotel by 1pm. Only hit the road at 12.20pm, rushed all the way down, searched high and low for a parking, and got in 5 minutes late.DAMN POSH!

Mummy: "5! Our unit number also 5!"
Me: =_=

Clockwise from mussels: Chilli mussels (disappointed with the size), some pistachio with meat thigny that I didn't quite appreciate, semi-raw beef slices, sotong, baby octopus, crabmeat salad.

Clockwise from rice: Coconut rice pilaf with raisins (SHIOK!), some lamb curry thingy, beef, spinach and ricotta tortellini (GENG!), chicken.

Sorry, I forgot to take picture before I attacked. LtR: fish with crumbed top, another serving of tortellini, pork.

Clockwise from the pink thing: strawberry cheesecake (I think), triple choc mousse cake (ULTIMATE!), apple pie, carrot cake (yumyum), lemon cheesecake, some tart that nearly got me shooting through the roof.

Lemon/orange and poppy seed cake. Nice! Oh and Mummy had this...super huge chocolate cake and strawberry swiss roll (FWOAAAAAAH!).

HOWEVER, Hyatt's buffet had a wider variety. Mains and desserts alike. Hyatt's mains were better too. Oh wells. Haha.



When we got home, I urged Mummy to open her gift.There was a body soap block, small bottle of honey, soup cup, four teabags and newspaper. Haha!



After much messiness in organisation, the surprise dinner for Mummy was finally organised 3 hours prior to the fixed time. Suling was the chef (I'd really love to cook like her!), Shawn opened his house and a lot of people came!

Was pretty difficult getting Mummy to not suspect. She was suspecting at first and then thought it was nothing. Then I had to tell her I had a lot of things to get from Shawn's place and I needed her help. And I brought my DSLR bag along so she asked why I brought my camera.

Mummy: "Why you bring your camera?"
Me: "I need to pass Shawn some photos also."
Mummy: "Go Shawn's house just to pass him photos?"
Me: " No la. I need to get stuff from him then shun bian (at the same time) pass the photos to him."
Mummy: "Ooooh."

When we reached, she was pointing at cars going, "Isn't this so-and-so's car?" She did that for WX's and Jeremy's car. And I saw her staring suspiciously at Eufei's car from the corner of my eyes. And when she got in, everyone burst into singing Happy Mothers' Day in the tune of Happy Birthday. Haha!
Dinner was a huge success. Really grateful to all those who came and made it possible =). Mummy was really happy. Mission accomplished!



Other stuff that happened that day:
1) Brought Hammie over to Charles' place to get the scratches (will talk about that another time) fixed only to realise one scratch couldnt be fixed and needed black shoe polish.
2) Watched soccer with a few guys at Max's place. Man U won!!! Glory glory Man United~



MARK! YOU'RE FINALLY HERE! *bighug*



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: