Tuesday 7 July 2009

FINALLY THE OPENING!

4th day in Sydney already. Time passes really fast, hey. Gah. Anyways! Wayne, Diana and I actually wanted to go down to Paddington Market but apparently it was closed so we decided to go back there on Saturday so that we can not only go to Paddington Market but also shop around that area as well.

Since our original plan was postponed, we went for Din Tai Fung instead!!! But we reached there at 11am when it only opened at 11.30. So what did we do? SHOP. I got a pair of shoes, and so did Wayne. Walked a bit more and then we were back at Din Tai Fung!Aaah. Spoons and bowls on display. Miss those stuff.

8 xiao long baos (soup dumplings with pork meat)!!!

My Dan Dan Mian (noodles in spicy peanut sauce). Sooo good omgosh. Lurved it.

Diana and Wayne ordered pork and prawn dumpling soup. The soup was gooooood. Dumplings were totally awersome as well.

They also ordered the prawn fried rice. I've tried it before so I already knew it would be good =D.

Taro dumplings!!! My favourite! Gah I had three of those haha Diana doesn't take taro and Wayne only took one. Omgosh omgosh I can hyperventilate and die happy HAHA.

We continued shopping, where I bought another BAG for only $36! Then we decided to walk over to QVB but along the way we saw a sports shop on sale because their lease was ending. EVERYTHING HALF PRICE.

Guess what I got. A pair of Puma black with silver stripes high cut sneakers.Originally $140 but I only paid $70 for it. I also got another top, originally $80 (that's insane) but I only paid $40! I was dead happy.

We totally walked through QVB and came out the other side. Along the way, we walked pass a cupcake stall. Diana got a choc-choc cupcake. I got...
Cheesecaaaaaake!!!!!! Totally.Splendid.And.Awesome. Best I've had so far in Australia. YUM.

We walked over to Sports Girl. Well guess what. I BOUGHT ANOTHER PAIR OF SHOES. Bright gold high cut sneakers that can be folded and buttoned down to look like a normal pair of sneakers with a super long tongue. $70. (You can check it out at https://shop.sportsgirl.com.au/index.html and go to shoes, flats, and click on "New Bling Hi Top" and mine will be the GOLD one.) I'm going insane. I swear. And I haven't found a nice wallet yet.

We rushed back to the apartment/hotel because I was supposed to meet Genesis to get Diana's and my arm band for Hillsong. Went back to the room, rested for a while and down we went to the bus, set off at 4pm to ACER ARENA!

I WAS SO EXCITED!
AS HUGE AS EVER!

Did I mention HOW COOL the OPENING was!
The lights flashed to a classical song. Can't remember the name of that song! Dammit.

This Cross was hung right in the middle of the arena. It was SO COOL. In fact, it was the last photo I managed to capture before I was chided for using the camera. Nonsense stuff. There was no notice or announcement stating we can't use cameras!

After a good sermon (with very awesome worship sessions), our team left for dinner. A few of us (say, 20 odd?) went to Super Bowl.
I had Original Recipe Combination Congee. There was chicken balls, liver, intestine and whatnots. I've never had anything like that before! I totally enjoyed it! Ohoh I also had like green tea milkshake with pearls from Y2K Supercafe. Not baaad.

Walked over to Woolworths after dinner to buy some stuff and then back to the apartment/hotel. Now? Tiiiiiired.

signing off~DE XIN

1 comment:

ronii said...

heyy, i've commented you before,
but it was a while ago i dnt think you'd remember me ..
im roni from sydney lols.
i went to conference as well,
what a tiring but amazing week aye?

i THINK the classical song was
johann strauss - blue danube waltz,
or something ..
check it out ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0VUXLsBSjo

and i agree about the camera thing, i thought it was only like no videos allowed.

Well i hope you got/get back safely.

Take care and God bless. xx