Monday 6 July 2009

DAY 3, MORE FOOD!

I had to move out of the room I was sleeping in the past two nights and check-in to another room. Waited for Diana and Wayne to arrive so that I can let Daian move in to the room we're sharing while she's here with Wayne. Wayne's sharing a room with Kah Hon and Jeremy, though.

So they came around 3 and when they put their stuff down, we headed out for super late lunch hahaha. I was dying for Din Tai Fung but it was already closed because of the time so we decided to go over to Capitol for Harry's Pie.Top left (clockwise): prawn tiger, cheese and bacon tiger, chilli dog. Tiger means mashed potatoes and mashed peas. The mashed peas actually tasted good! It tasted like the pea snack. My chilli dog was hot dog with chilli con carne. It was spicy. IT WAS ACTUALLY SPICY. Satisfying to the maaax.

We walked around a bit, I bought EasyWay bubble tea (looks like I'm gonna keep to my bubble-tea-everyday-in-Sydney tradition) before heading back to the hotel/apartment to meet with the whole team to head down for dinner.

We had dinner at a buffet place, Garden Buffet, in Star City (equivalent to Burswood in Perth but probably a bit better).
Aimee on the table, with the boys terrorizing her HAH.

The WIDE spread. You see one stretch, then there's another stretch, and then a third last stretch.

Pizza, baked pasta and ravioli/spaghetti with carbonara sauce.

Bottom (clockwise): lamb, pork crackle, I-don't-know-what-and-I-didn't-touch-in-the-end, osso buco, beef (really awesome although a bit dry) and something that tasted like spam.

Dessert!!!!!! Top (clockwise): two different triffles (THEY WERE SO GOOD OMGOSH), two different jellies (reminded me of those childhood jelly-in-the-cup), passionfruit cheesecake (it was SOUR?!), some citrus-y cake which was AWESOME, strawberry shortake (I think and it was not bad), caramel eclairs (not bad) and brownie in the middle which was SO SWEET it nearly killed me.

That wasn't all I had. I also had tiramisu (the coffee taste was too strong and there was too much cream and not enough sponge fingers and slightly dry), sticky date pudding, apple and rubharb crumble with custard and watermelon. OH and a coke float. Yummm.

Joshua Lau did something cool with his forks and some toothpicks.
Same concept as the bird beak balancing on the tip toy most people played as a kid.

Walked over to Woolworths with a few of them to do grocery shopping. Back at the apartment now. Had some fruits. Super full. Gah.

signing off~DE XIN

No comments: