Wednesday 10 June 2009

SICK

When I was terribly sick at the start of the year in Singapore, I remember there was once I had to go for physiotherapy due to my ankle. Daddy very kindly offered to follow me down via MRT. Being a senior citizen, he very easily got a seat while on board the train. I obviously did not request to sit because HE'S MY FATHER, I love him and I'd rather he take the seat no matter how sick I was.

While sitted, he took my hand, made sure I stood steady and constantly checked my body temperature. With so much love and care from Daddy, it didn't matter how the crowd in the train stared.

At the physiotherapy centre, he made sure I wasn't out of his sight. When I had to go into one corner to get my ankle massaged, he sat in a chair beside the bed I laid on. When I had to go to the main area to do some ankle exercises, he followed and stood by watching.

After the physiotherapy, Daddy said, "where you want to go for lunch? Anywhere also can." I knew he loves beef and so I brought him to Wheelock. In there was a very fine Japanese Restaurant that serves very awesome beef. The thing is, it's pretty pricey, but then again, it's not exactly fine dining.

When we got to the restaurant, it wasn't open YET. We walked around Wheelock for about 15 minutes and went back, still not open. We walked around Wheelock for another 15 minutes and Daddy said, "if still not open ar, I bring you go hawker centre. My wallet won't cry also." So we went back, and WALA! IT WAS OPEN! Acting as though he was in grief, he still happily went in with me.

Daddy ordered a sukiyaki set, while I ordered just plain cha soba. He even asked me to just order any drink I want. HOW COULD HE, WHEN I WAS SO SICK, JUST LET ME ORDER ANY DRINK I WANT! Was he trying to pamper me while I was in so much pain? I knew one thing for sure, it was his way of showing love =).

Having never tried sukiyaki before, he was constantly asking me how to eat it. I kept telling him it's up to his own preference and no, that wasn't a good idea. He just asked more. When he's settled with his own way of eating, he constantly shoved beef onto my plate. After a while I said, "YOU DON'T NEED TO EAT MEH!" And then he shoved the egg yolk into my spoon and forced me to eat it, saying it's good for me =_=.

On the way back home in the MRT, he did just the same as when we were on the way to my physiotherapy.

Now that I'm sick, I can't stop thinking of Daddy. How he constantly came in to my room to check if I was ok when I was fast asleep. And these thoughts never fail to bring tears to my eyes.

p.s. doesn't mean Mummy wasn't there HAHA she was there for "night shift" after she knocked off from work xD.

signing off~DE XIN

No comments: