Saturday 19 July 2008

SYDNEY 2008 PART 2

Ok. Woke up. Had my fruits and medicine. With the dance performance just around the corner, I really need to get well ASAP. If not for the performance I'd refuse to take medicine. No choice. So here I am with another Sydney post!


On Monday, 7th of July, Hillsong Conference started! However it only started late afternoon so Mummy and I could wake up a little later and go out for lunch! We decided to go to World Square because we heard there was DIN TAI FUNG!!!!!!!!!! So we got on our feet and walked there.

Photos on the way!We finally reached but. There was a queue =(. The queue wasn't exactly too long but we were pressing for time so we decided to just drop it and go somewhere else for lunch. We had 8 more days anyways!

So we walked around andTHAI EXPRESS?! But Mummy wasn't too keen on Thai food. We walked up and down and finally decided on a Japanese restaurant, Sushi Roll.

Authentic Japanese? Food, yes, chefs, no. Hah! At least 75% of the waiters/waitresses and chefs were Koreans! I could very easily tell from the way they spoke. And one thing I loved about this restaurant was, the lighting was so perfect it's not only easier taking photos, it's much easier to see when the FRESHEST sashimi was placed on the moving belt as well!

The moment I sat down, I saw my favourite sushi and immediately pulled it out from the belt, together with others.Clockwise from top left: salmon and avocado roll, unagi, salmon and avocado, tobiko roe!

And if you think that small amount of wasabi was harmless, you're dead wrong. A spice lover like me was sniffing like nobody's business. The salmon and avocado roll was good! Nice and fresh. Tobiko roe too. Always loved it when the roes pop in my mouth when I bite on them. The two salmon and avocado ones were good too!

Mummy doesn't take sushi 'cos of her weak tummy so she took katsu don. Chicken katsu with omelette on a bed of rice. Mummy said normal haha.

I didn't realise the unagi sushi had cheese until I ate one. Super shiok!

Cheese sushi. I think. Cheese overload. I enjoyed it but I don't think a normal rational person will like it haha.

THIS ONE WAS THE BOMB I TELL YOU. Grilled salmon sushi. FWAAAAAH. I wanted to get one more but I could imagine the bill getting more and more expensive sooo I held back my temptation =(.

After lunch, Mummy needed to go Coles. Forgot why. But anyways.Dragon look-alike thingy. Haha.

I just had to =P. But got warned by a security guard 'cos photo-taking wasn't allowed in the building. I didn't know! Yikes. He came up super close to me some more. Tsk. If he wasn't the security guard I would have..ya. Haha.

Time was running out so we walked back to our apartment. More photos on the way back!OH! My first Easyway in Sydney =D. Joined the membership too! Woohoo! Please get my card if you want to drink from Easyway haha I'm collecting points.

So we got back to the apartment, washed up a little and went down to the bus and OFF WE WENT TO HILLSONG CONFERENCE DAY ONE!

I'm about to show u a 180 degrees view of acer arena.HAHA ok sorry, I'm lazy to compile them into one picture.

GENESIS! WHY BEHIND SO BLUR ONE?!

Yay Genesis! See. People take so much nicer =P.

JIN! COME BACK TO PERTH!!!!! ToT

Talking robot cubes =D.

Female robot cube cannot go up.

Female robot cube still stuck. Singers singing underneath it for the opening song!

The full band singing/playing for the opening song. Female robot cube disappeared! Praise the Lord!

Red is the colour!

ISRAEL HOUTON! LIKE, OMGOSH!

Preacher that evening during the 4.30 sermon was Robert Barriger. His sermon left the first and second-greatest impact on me. He touched on the passage about how Jesus helped 10 lepers (I think) but only 1 came back to give thanks.

Main point of the story was that it doesn't matter when people don't give appreciation for all that you do because you're doing it all for Jesus and not for those people. That message came with so much warmth for me given that I went to Sydney with all that bitterness in me.

When the first night rally at 4.30 ended, a few of us stayed behind for the second night rally at 7.3. We only had tickets for the first one so we waited in the public queue for the second one and the queue wasMASSIVE!

Jim and I waiting to get in there.

Same thing but different angle. Right smack opposite =D.

Tim Costello! Doing tithes and offerings haha.

Maaaaassive. 20,000++ people! No joke! Human avalanche wouldn't be fun at all.


JUDA SMITH! Dedicated father of two nuggets (lol) and one wife. Gah. We need more of these kinda men around. That are still single. xD

He talked about embracing Grace (and how guys shouldn't think guys hugging guys is gay, amen) and how we're God's children by birth (birth as in baptism) and not by worth. Even in normal context, we're never children of worth but children of birth to our parents. In other words, unconditional love and God's Grace.

The train ride back was torturous. Super jerky driver. Plus the long walk back to the apartment (good thing Mummy went back early or she'll be famished). Total of about 2 hours! Had gastric on the way back so when I got back I gobbled down one whole slice of taro sponge cake and then had a good night's rest.


Ah first day. Absorbed so much. Man. Now you know why I've registered for next year =D.


signing off~DE XIN

3 comments:

alphadelt said...

I'm rather disappointed by Sydney lei. Haha. There's nothing special about it, from what I can see...even the food - Din Tai Fung, Thai Express(!!) - are not unique and can be found in SG.

Aside from the Opera House, there's nothing significant about it. I feel oddly deflated. :/

But, nice variety of sushi I've never seen in SG, but that's courtesy of Sushi Roll, not Sydney.

ZZ. I should have known. All cities are not much different eh? As in urbanization and city-building and globalization. OK- now its all geography talk.

Btw, you're wearing a UWA hoodie! *is envious* Cus I've always wanted to wear a hoodie with my uni's name. A secret desire of mine. Haaa.

And finally, a photo of you sans makeup. I like it. :D

De Xin said...

sherry - YOU WAIT! By the time I finish blogging about Sydney you'll think differently. =D

And yeah! I was proud of my hoodie (hohoho) especially when the people around me are 90% from Curtin =P.

What you mean sans makeup?

alphadelt said...

sans makeup means without makeup!