Thursday 17 July 2008

SYDNEY 2008 PART 1

Honestly, I've got SO MUCH photos I really don't know where and how to start. But I will. Like. Now. Haha.


The trip started on the 5th of July. Mummy and I got sent to the airport by Mummy's friend. Really kind of her I must say. Everything started off well until we stepped into the domestic airport. It was SO small, SO cramped and filled I was totally put off. Super disorganised and super like budget terminal. Even Singapore's budget terminal is so much better CAN.

We checked-in properly and got on our plane.'Twas raining =(. Huge grey clouds. I remember when I was young, when I wasn't a Christian, I used to say things like "Mummy, you know why it's raining? 'Cos Jesus is crying." Amazing. And Mummy will get quite scared 'cos she's the type who is very scared of offending any God lol.

Anyways guess what we did once we got on the plane and flipped open their magazine.HAHA sudoku. I found it by chance (not on purpose) and Mummy immediately flipped to the same page and did it. Just when I thought I was going to finish faster than her, I realised I did one of them wrong. And I was so close to finishing it already. Sian.

Bye Perth! You should be able to see the pretty pathetic (sorry, I just have to) CBD of Perth in the distant.

I just don't understand why I always kena green peas in my meals on board. Oh wells. The chocolate felt so class! Oh and I love the ice cream. I miss SQ's nuts, though. =\

Was watching a documentry about a photographer couple. So cool so so cool. But because of that, I only managed to watch Run, Fat Boy, Run and no other movies. But 'twas good. Totally hilarious. That lead actor's now my favourite British actor.

So we landed safely (still, SQ's landing is much better) and the moment we got into the airport, millions of pictures of sony vaios in red were everywhere on the walls of the airport!!!!! It was like a nightmare, ok, seriously. My pink sony vaio IS nice and pretty but it still doesn't kill the fact that I so wanted a red one.

Sat in a super huge bus (for like 40 people when there were only 15 of us including the baby) to the hotel/apartment we're gonna stay at. Goldsborough on Pyrmont St. And for the first time in my whole life I checked into a hotel room under my very own name. Fwoh anything wrong they find my name I die. Lol.

After we unloaded all our luggage and bags and stuff, we met downstairs again for dinner. Oh I haven't told you who were the we. Pastor Patrick, Pastor Joyce, Renee, Kaitlyn, Aimee, Uncle Vincent, Auntie Wai Chee, Joe, Hannah, Phoebe, Uncle Cheong, Jason, Boon Wai, Mummy and I.

So we walked over to Chinatown area for dinner.

We ate at Superbowl! And beside Superbowl was Y2K Supercafe. I only realised there was a 2 in between Y & K when I was uploading the pictuers here lol.Aimee!

Bubble tea from Y2K Supercafe. Bubble tea never escapes me ^^. BUT THIS BUBBLE TEA COST 6 FREAKING AUSSIE DOLLARS. Double pearl doesn't mean you can overcharge ok. Some more your drink also not say THAT nice. Tsk.

Mummy's beef fried rice. There were GAZILLION pieces of shattered egg shells in there and the amount of peas were super not funny and the serving was crazy.

My zha jiang mian (noodles with meat sauce). Super weird la ok. It's not supposed to be like this. It's supposed to be like ramen/la mian (pulled noodles lol preferrably handmade) with proper mince meat and mushrooms. NOT wanton noodles with CHAR SIEW?! Wa lao.

Got ice cream from Y2K Super Cafe! Taro and black sesame. Erm. Too sweet.

We (minus Pastors' family) needed to get our groceries done so we walked over to World Square. I CAN'T BELIEVE THEIR WOOLWORTHS CLOSE AT AROUND 11-12 IN THE NIGHT AND COLES ARE OPEN 24 HOURS! Perth? 5pm already closing already.

Saw this for the first time outside the Coles in World Square and I cracked up. Because in Singapore we've got our very own original Bread Talk. Bread Talk Bread Top Bread Talk, rhymes, no? Not that I'm very proud of Bread Talk but still. I had to take a picture of that without realising it's actually a very successful bread chain in Sydney. And I'd reckon they're better than Bread Talk although Bread Talk started first!

So we got back to our apartment and I decided to take pictures.You don't see this cabinet like nothing big of a deal ar I tell you.

THIS WAS WHAT'S INSIDE! Fwuyoh! But still. The Samsung one Daddy bought back home in Singapore's better hohoho.

Views outside when I stood on the balcony.


SUNDAY 6th of July! A few of us (the younger punks) walked to a bus stand to take a shuttle bus from Hillsong to Hillsong in the city. THE WORSHIP LEADER THAT DAY WAS SO CUUUUUTE! He looked exactly like the younger version of Leonardo di Caprio! Young as in the Romeo+Juliet movie young! Oooooh my.

Oh I didn't take pictures of the place 'cos when I took my 400D out and took a few lousy shots of the place, I was stopped by one of their staff. So. Ya. Sorry!

After service we went Chinatown for lunch. We split into two groups. Mummy and I followed the guys and Mojo. Ended up in a foodcourt of a shopping centre near Superbowl.ATE THIS! KOREAN RICE CAKE! Ooooh so good. It was so spicy it got my nose a little runny! Too good man, too good. I also bought a cup of watermelon crush, which led to Genesis buying one same cup, then Jim buying passionfruit smoothie and Nee buying something similar, all from the same drink stall lol!

We got back in time (after grabbing coffee from Starbucks, thanks, Thomas!) to meet at Aunty Wai Chee's room for a short meeting before heading down to Bondi Beach (YES, BONDI BEACH!) for dinner. So fast dinner already eh?

Oh btw Starbucks was crap. So much of milk so little of coffee. Two thumbs DOWN.

So we reached Bondi Beach and I started taking photos.There you go. Camera woman behind camera. I thought I totally lost the quality of this picture 'cos of the shutter speed and my shaky hands but hey! It turned out nice!

Into the restaurant named HURRICANE! Supposedly the best ribs in town.

Bread blessed by Aunty Wai Chee's side of the table =P.

Ivy's calamaris. Didn't take a picture of her half rack of ribs though lol.

Some guy's steak. Forgot his name > <. Leo I think. Apparently the sauce was too sweet but the texture was perfect. Serving was HUGE!

Fei's FULL RACK of pork ribs. We wonder how he finished the whole rack (plus the whole baked potato that was pretty huge) and still remained skinny as ever.

Thomas and I shared a full rack of lamb ribs 'cos we obviously just had lunch about 2-3 hours ago lol. Was too good too be true. Meat was hard to remove from the bones but that was a good thing 'cos at least we know they didn't use tenderizers.

After dinner, we stopped by a spot where we could clearly view Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House (which was totally within walking distance).Nice right! We didn't have enough. The bus driver DROVE ON THE HARBOUR BRIDGE (not free for the driver, you know) and stopped us at another spot right opposite from the first spot.

Tadah! Didn't manage to get a good picture of the Opera House at this spot 'cos of the lighting (didn't bring the tripod =\ wasn't told we were going to view these two landmarks).

Phew. Two days. Totally happening. Stay tuned! The next entry is about the conference already!!!


signing off~DE XIN

4 comments:

alphadelt said...

I recognize the ice-cream! The cup and the transparent plastic spoon. I had the same one in MS from Azabu Sabo~

Btw, nice brown houndsooth scarf. :D

Ahhh. The food not so impressive this time round, lack of deco...and eggshells in rice? *shudders*

Sounds like the food experience was kinda floppy.

Oh btw, DID YOU MEET THE POPE??!?! Or glimpse him or something. He was in Sydney roughly the same time as you, yes? Haahaha.

De Xin said...

SSSHHHEEERRRRRRYYY!!!!!!!!! *throws arms around* I miss you so bad I don't know how to describe it in words.

The first day of food was crap but the next few days was like. H.E.A.V.E.N yo! Can't wait to blog them. Already uploaded the next few batch of photos.

My mum got that scarf a year ago. For less than A$5! It came with plain brown gloves too!

Btw the ice cream is not japanese one lol. I hope they home made it. It'd be a shame for any company to own that kinda ice cream.

De Pope came on de second last day I was in Sydney. Not interested. The WYD people were @(*$(^!*&%(. Pushing their way around, cutting queues. If I weren't a Christian (although they're catholic) I'd wonder why do God's people act this way.

alphadelt said...

Huh. I thought all - forgive my generalizing, I know that there're all different factions of faith within Christianity out there -'God-loving' people WORSHIP the pope and treat him as an extension of God, sort of like an agglomeration of all that Christian faith into one person.

Rather like the Dalai Lama, the head of spirituality( & political head as well) in Tibet. He's also treated as the incarnation of the Buddha of Compassion...

I thought most in the Christianity faith would be THRILLED to meet him or glimpse him, or be in the same place as him...

He's rather like the physical representation of the Christian faith, a self-appointed rep by the Vatican to represent Roman Catholicism.

But...you're not a Roman Catholic?

Gah. Religion is #$%$#^%$&DFG!@!!!

And...the ice-cream is not japanese? Hmm. But I recognize the flavors you had too! I had the sesame once and I shudder at the memory of it. They have blueberry and rasberry - very nice flavors.

De Xin said...

I'm not roman catholic lol I'm Christian. To me the Pope is just another human serving God.

The sesame was good! Somehow the taro ice creams there just don't have enough fragrance. Sigh.