Wednesday 16 July 2008

HOLA~

After experiencing 7 days of good sound systems (5 days of Hillsong Conference, one Sunday service at Hillsong city and another Sunday service at Hillsong on the hill), when I switched Hammie's stereo on, I thought Hammie's bass DIED. While driving I kept fiddling with the bass and treble setting but nothing was wrong!

After a while I then realised. I had too long of a period of good sound systems.


ANYWAYS, yep, I'm back. Good old me in good old Perth. Probably 1-2 kilos heavier but I can't be happier given all the good food there. Took gazillion amount of photos. Say about 700? I'll post about my trip day by day. I've uploaded most of the pictures taken on my first two days BUT I can't seem to upload the last few. Maybe tomorrow.

AND I MISS SYDNEY! When I was young I'd go back home crying after a tour overseas 'cos I always loved travelling. However, after a while, I out grew that emotional stage, to a point where I actually started crying 'cos I was away from home. Home as in Singapore.

This time round, however, my whole emotional side got woken up. No, there weren't tears but. I started comparing Sydney and Perth. I went to bed last night thinking how I got so used to the hotel room my bed here in Perth felt weird. I also woke up feeling weird 'cos I woke up to my room, not the hotel room. And I didn't need to rush for anything. And the most disturbing thing was, the bed felt different.

Whenever I sleep in a hotel room, I have this habit of sleeping without pulling the blankets too much so that I'll be wrapped to the bed pretty tightly but still enough room to toss and turn and, most importantly, breathe. But this morning, when I woke up in my bed, it felt so weird not being wrapped to the bed. Don't ask me why I have this habit. Maybe 'cos I'd feel more secure, more held/hugged?

So I woke up at 10.30am this morning thinking, WHAT HAPPENED TO MY SLEEPING-IN ABILITY?! And I realised. It was 12.30pm in Sydney already. I just can't stop thinking about Sydney, can I? The good food like Din Tai Fung, Passion Flower, Harry's Pies, Superbowl and more. Hillsong and the fact that Hillsong college has a degree for DANCE. AND AUNTY JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! HER APARTMENT IS ONLY LIKE 5 MINUTES AWAY FROM HILLSONG IN THE CITY!!!!!

Was telling Daddy about how GOOD Sydney was (I bet his ear drums nearly exploded or something) and he said,
"Then you migrate there la!"
And I told him I wouldn't mind and asked him to just enrol me in one of the universities there. He of course said I was mad. And I did tell Mummy, while we were still in Sydney, that, if I were to have visited the eastern states before making my decision to come to Perth, I definitely wouldn't have chosen Perth. No joke.

Oh well. I've made this decision. Can't do much but to adapt. Joyce Meyer said to adapt to what you can't change. I mean, not that I CAN'T change but it's better to stay this way, no?


signing off~DE XIN

No comments: