Thursday 3 July 2008

SPLITTINGICEARENA?

Naw. Cockburn ice arena ain't splitting =D. A few of us (Wilson, Leonel, Jim, Michael, Kang Whee, Rachel, Michelle, Yau Shu, Chris, Esther, Esther's friend, three of their canning college batch and I) went ice skating at Cockburn ice arena.

Met Leonel at his house first before walking down together to the Currie Hall bus stop to meet Wilson, Jim, Michael, Khang Wee, Rachel, Michelle and Yau Shu.Took a bus down to Wellington bus station, met up with the rest and took a train down to Cockburn station.The train the zoomed past brought so much wind it didn't help the fact that it was WINTER.

After we got off at Cockburn train station, we happily took a bus down and realised that at the bus stop we were supposed to get off at,was pretty far from the ice arena. We were surrounded by housing estates! None of the buildings look the least bit like any ice arena. So we used Michelle's GPS and managed to find the route down to the ice arena.

Jim, Leonel and I. You may not realise but approximately one minute (or less) before this picture was taking, Henry and Khang Wee walked towards the left when the big arrow was pointing right. Hah!

So we found our destination. For the first time it took me less than 5 minutes to get my shoes, put them on and get into the ring. I always had to think pretty long which size, wait for people and stuff like that but this time? I was a little more confident =D.We booked 3 hours. So. I woke up at 8.15am. Reached the ice arena at 12 noon (the journey didn't take that long, we just had to wait here and there). AND HAD NOT EATEN ANYTHING! After skating for about 2 hours, I couldn't take it anymore so a few of us went to the canteen to grab some chips/pie/roll. Afterwhich I only skated about 10-15 minutes more.

Journey back was faster, given we knew the way already. Some of them left early, some of them stopped at Esplanade station, Chris, Wilson, Leonel, Jim, Michael, Henry and I stopped at Wellington. We needed proper food. But. They decided on. Taka =_=.

It wasn't that bad after all since my craving for sushi (for about 2 weeks?) was satisfied. Their sushi was not bad la. At least their raw salmon and tuna were fresh. And the wasabi was FIERCE. Was made to say grace since I was the only girl there. Righto.

After dinner, at the slip of my tongue I mentioned I wanted Icey Ice but I did say it's not necessary. But they insisted on following me there. I felt terribly bad 'cos Jim had a terrible blister. And he refused to stop and wait. He wanted to follow the whole group. Sigh.

Wilson got cookies and cream chiller (left) and I got red bean chiller. For once I didn't drink their green tea chiller hehehe. Super shiok!

That was the first day I realised I shouldn't give a damn about those who've been mistreating me. They probably won't matter much to me anymore. Probably not at all. And for the first time since super long ago, today, when Mummy told me something about someone in church, I went
"None of my business."
I know I shouldn't have. But. I couldn't take it anymore. Those people really mean nothing to me already.

signing off~DE XIN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol did mike use his gps??! I tot is Khang wee went to ask the postman how to go there, then we got our direction =p

btw, not bad arh ur picture editing =P

IceyIce!!! ok that day was related to ICE so much lor...ice skating etc...haha

De Xin said...

OH YAR. The postman. Hahaha poor postman. With two heavy sacks of letters, and a bulky motorbike. Then came Khang Wee asking for direction.

Lol you mean which one? The one of me at the barrier? And ya. Super ice-d day =P