Tuesday 18 September 2007

HOLIDAY GONE =(.

Holiday's over! Assignments, projects and labs to hand in. Tests and exams coming up. Argh.

Anyways, here's a not so short summary of my holiday!



Since I've blogged about Sunday already (Mummy's birthday), let's start with Monday!

Went down to Murdoch area with Aunty Soo and Mummy 'cos Mummy and I wanted to meet up with Jessica to get our mooncakes. But before that, we went to BigW and Canningvale 'cos we had hours and hours to kill haha.

Things at BigW were seriously cheap. We got random stuffs we needed (I just needed snacks like chocolates and mashmallows) and left for Canningvale where we had lunch!


I had a roasted beef turkish roll while the two Mummys had fish and chips. Their fish and chips didn't look too good. I only liked the chips 'cos they were crisp on the outside and soggy on the inside. YUM! My roasted beef was lagi best haha. But the whole turkish roll would've been better if the cheese was MELTED.

Shopped a while at Canningvale (I bought one whole carton of pear juice can! It's good for your throat!) and left for Jessica's place at around 3pm. Got our stuff, had a little chat with her and we left for home.



Tuesday was one of the days I've been looking forward to for SO LONG! 'Cos we went...HYATT! FOR BUFFET!!! WOOHOO!!!!!


Isn't Mummy beautiful beyond words??? =D


Clockwise from left: 1 mussel, 1 oyster stained with the dipping sauce, lemon (you're not supposed to eat that), some...I don't know...lol, squared omelette (!), salad, salad ,salad, prawn. Centre: RAW SALMON!

The salads were a huge disappointment, though. =\


Mummy's and my empty shells. I didn't take the crabs by the way.


Clockwise from top: Royal blue (potatoes la) tossed with olive oil and I-forgot-what, squid stuffed with rice topped with salsa, roasted veal, chicken with spinach and fetta stuffing (that's the crumbed piece), moussaka (They used lamb mince! HEAVENLY!) and mushroom risotto (DE BEST DE BEST!!!!!). The white-ish looking sauce in the middle tasted like CRAP.


Clockwise from top left: deep fried batter with mushroom (don't know the name, really), small ciabatta (I didn't put any stuffings. Just spreaded butter. Equally yum.), some small piece of bread (behind the ciabatta), 1 mussel, 1 oyster stained with dipping sauce, two prawns of which one is stained with dipping sauce, one lemon (again, you're not supposed to eat that) and some quiche that had a distinct onion taste (BAGUS!).


Another type of mushroom risotto, this time with wild arborio rice. The texture was like pulut hitam!

Then came the desserts and I no longer took things in small portions. PILE ON, BABEH!


Top: Sticky date pudding (THAT WAS THE BOMB OF THE MEAL MAN! SERIOUSLY! BETTER THAN JOJO'S!). Bottom: Bread, butter and chocolate pudding (Bleargh. Chocolate too milky.).


THIS was the plate of heaven. Clockwise from left: Princess cake (Swedish), some coconut cake thingy which Mummy and I both didn't fancy (under the princess cake), dark chocolate mud cake (NICE AND RICH! DARK CHOCOLATE ANYTIME!), some peach cake topped with a piece of chocolate (sweet and light =]), creme brulee (Oh boy, I loved the caramel top! Nice and crisp!), some...poppyseed thingy (a tad too sweet ah), bread&butter&chocolate pudding again, raspberry cheesecake (not very good).


Berry trifle!

We still had small shots of jelly. And at the end of this we were both ultimately full already so we rested for a while just to make space for...
Tiramisu. This was the biggest disappointment. ARGH.


Mummy took a chocolate mousse by mistake lol so we shared it and it was hell too sweet so we decided not to take the outer layer of chocolate.

We spent the rest of the day walking around the city before deciding to go home at around 4.40pm after we've digested a bit of the food we ate.



That very night, a few of us from Zion went to Innaloo for movie. Most of us watched Ratatouille (IT WAS REALLY GOOD!) while Mishi, Charles and JoshLau watched Bourne.

Oh ya, the picture lol. It was at the snacks corner. That would've been any kid's dream come true I tell you. Faith and I didn't get any of those lar. We got a small popcorn combo and a packet of caramel popcorn. Yay!



Wednesday morning. Max, Aunty Lucy, Mummy and I went up to Ikea to get bed frames. Also got a few miscellanous stuff. AND I FINALLY GOT MY BALLERINA COOKIES!

That night, a few of us from Zion went for ice skating. I just kept going round and round and round, hoping life would go on the same way, with no obstacles. Didn't join the games, though.



Thursday morning was when I fixed up the bed frame. Spent the rest of the day attempting to study. ATTEMPTING. =P



Friday morning. Went Subi with Aunty Soo and Mummy. Bought our groceries and had LUNCH!


Mummy had the Vietnamese spring roll (nice and healthy!), Aunty Soo had black forest cake (it was a tad too soft and I didn't quite like it) while I had my turkish...uh...I don't know what's it called but it had spicy mince meat, cheese and herbs in there. The Mummys had coffee from the crepe store.

Went over to Woolworths for a while. THE ICE CREAM I WANTED TO BUY ALL THE WHILE WAS ON OFFER BUT MY FREEZER HAD NO MORE SPACE. I was really upset. Really.

Went home and cooked for cell.


Ratatouille! Some ingredients are hidden lol. 'Cos I mounted some on top of another in the bowls. It turned out ok lar but wasn't say a very fantabulous dish. Don't understand why the movie made it look like...I don't know. Lol.

We also had bak kut teh and ice cream for cell. *slurps*



Went for paintball on Saturday morning. I was the ultimate camper who killed people from the back. Haha! Paintballs were just zooming above my head like nobody's business =P. Benefits of being short.

Only got two bruises. One on my left arm, the other just below my right butt. That's nothing compared to those bruises others got! James got scared by the barb wires. Ouch =\.

Everyone was moaning and groaning during service that afternoon lol. Good thing I was doing Pastor assistant heh. Didn't need to run about too much.



Sunday morning was driving lesson. Car jerked a bit here and there heh. Brings back memories HAHA. I miss Daddy =(.

In the afternoon, I went down to Araluen with Aunty Soo and Mummy. Was tough navigating when I was super sleepy. Argh.

Took hell loads of pictures. Walked quite a bit.

Got home at around 4 plus. Cooked pasta.
Can't believe I left out one of the most important ingredient while cooking. It was my first time cooking without recipe, though. Which means, everything by estimation. Mummy said it was up to standard haha! I thought it was nice and light =).

At night, Jeremy helped me with my Java lab in school. Heh, thanks ya! =)



That's about it. Holidays over. Handed in my math assignment yesterday. Test tomorrow. Dead. Will post pictures of paintball and Araluen another time.



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: