Sunday 9 September 2007

09.09.07

Today's Mummy's birthday!

It all started a week or two ago where Mishi and I were talking about a cell outing and I told her it was Mummy's birthday today and that we could crash the two events together. Then last night I asked Mummy last minute to join us for service today so that we could surprise her.


And so we did!

Bijia got this marvellous cake from a cake shop around our area. I had to rush off immediately after service ended with Max to go get flowers for Mummy. Karawara wasn't open so we had to go to this road-side florist to get the flowers. Thank God they sold champaigne coloured roses.


We only cut and ate the cake during lunch at Spencer Village. Mummy was touched to tears. Literally. =)



Then it was the "cell outing". All the while Mummy thought of it only as a cell outing. But she didn't have the slightest idea Faith, Faith's mum and Wei Xian's mum were coming along as well (actually Mummy nearly found out Faith was going but thank goodness a phone call saved my life lol).

Wanted to go Little Creatures but it was too crowded and the queue was too long and so...
We ended up at The Mussel Bar.


Splendid scenery of Kaili's and Cicerello's.


People who went: Faith, Faith's mum, Wei Xian's mum, Mishi, Wan Ming, Wei Jun (Isaiah), David, Joshua Lau, Mummy and I.


The whole table had lemon, lime and bitters! I think lemon, lime and bitters would be my second favourite soda. I loved this plum soda I tried in Singapore at a place near Old Changi Prison. You guys should go try it out!


I had lamb rack, Mummy had beef fillet (which was really tender for a well done), Joshua Lau had fish n chips (he was like, "fish n chips also want to take photo. ..."), Wei Jun and Faith shared the soft shell crab, Wan Ming and David also shared soft shell crab, and Faith's and Wei Xian's mums ordered fish n chips and soft shell crab. Can't remember who had which. Haha.

The food was splendid. I ate the slowest lol 'cos I had a difficult time ripping the meat off the bone LOL. But it was awesome. I loved the egg thingy that came with the lamb that was shaped like a panna cota. =D

After the meal, Faith and I immediately knew what we wanted for dessert and we had to force (not really) Wei Jun and Joshua Lau to agree with us =D.



Four of us shared a vanilla bean panna cota with chai ice cream and cinammon biscuit which they called fake cinammon stick (my request), a chocolate brownie with hazelnut mousse and vanilla ice cream (Faith's and Joshua Lau's request) and a bailey's creme brulee (Faith's request). The remaining people shared two chocolate brownies.

Dessert was just awesome. I loved all three! Panna cota was yum, brownie was darkish-chocy and hazelnutty and the creme brulee was so bailey's and bailey's is one of my favourite alcohol!

All of us left the place really satisfied. Especially Mummy =).



Talked to Daddy online just a moment ago. I had to actually go "Daddy ah. What date is it today ar?" then he wished Mummy happy birthday. LOL.

Gave Mummy her present (a 3CDs in one pack full of line-dancing songs) and a card. I'm really glad she enjoyed her birthday. She was even going on and on and on about how this is her second time she celebrated her birthday in front of so many people (that are non-family members) before she drifted to sleep soundly.



Thanks, guys, for making Mummy so happy today =). Greatly appreciated!!



signing off~DE XIN

No comments: