Friday 4 December 2009

WHAT'S ANOTHER YEAR

Being a spoilt brat during those younger days, it wasn't surprising if people in school hated me. Celebrating my birthday then would be out of the question.

When i got to Perth and met friends whom I thought were sincerely nice to me, my birthday was only celebrated once out of the 3.5 years. As if not enough, it felt like everyone, except the planner who was my best friend from Perth then, celebrated only for obligation.

It's been half a year since I got back from Perth and I've definitely had my good and bad times. The time of the year is around the corner but why is it that i feel no different from the past few years? That I'm only excited for Christmas and that I actually fear for my birthday? Is it cos of the many broken promises? Those "I promise I'll celebrate your birthday this year!" promises that were broken all to easily?

I have to admit my church friends here are probably a million times more loving and that they've shown genuine care and concern for me even when I wasn't around.

But they are not the ones I fear.

I fear for new broken promises. Promises made this year.

Don't promise me anything. What's another year without celebrations anyway? Am i not used to it already?

signingoff~DEXIN

No comments: