Wednesday 2 December 2009

PARENTS' WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

It was my parents' wedding anniversary exactly a week ago and my parents and I headed down toCapital Restaurant for dinner! Original plan was to celebrate the end of my exams (haha) but since their wedding anniversary was also near, we decided to just combine them and have it on their wedding anniversary.

:)

Some fortune bag I think. Nice!

Scallop! Whatever sauce they used, it was INSANELY good. Scallop was fresh too!

Shark's fin. I didn't touch it.

Pigeon!

Smallest wings I've ever eaten. It was nice and crispy and juicy. Roasted to perfection! Very interesting marinade.

Crab meat noodles. Mummy was going on and on about how awesome it was when she first ate it but when I ate it..hmm. Normal? Maybe the essence of it was in the soup but the taste was still. Normal. Not as great as I expected it to be. Portion was really small too.

Abolone, vegetables, mushroom, sea cucumber and some fish thingy (yu piao). Nice :)

HERE COMES THE STAR OF THE NIGHT!

Ohhhhmygoshhh. Love it love it love it. The first time I ate this thing (Shanghai Hairy Crabs) was in Shanghai with Nancy at my neighbour's dad's apartment in Shanghai. The ones I ate in Shanghai was obviously 10 times better in terms of freshness and juiciness and amount of eggs. But this is probably the best hairy crab you can get in Singapore. Probably.

Dessert! Glutinous rice balls in ginger soup. The ginger soup was shiokness. Enough ginger to make me go "AHHHH".

After dinner, we walked back to...one of the buildings in Chinatown haha I don't know the name =_=. I wanted to have dessert at the stall I always go to but it was closed so we went to the one beside it instead.
Daddy's sesame paste. I didn't try.

Mummy's durian chendol. Durian was screamingly fresh!

My yam paste. Adding sweet corn was..weird. But other than that, it was ok. Smooth enough and it has the minimal fragrance to make it nice.

Won't go back to that dessert stall again.

Life's much less busy now. Catching up with rest but can't really stand being so..stationary? Went to jog yesterday. Felt good. Didn't jog long, more of a circuit thingy.

So long!

signing off~DE XIN

No comments: