Monday 13 April 2009

EASTER LONG WEEKEND WITH LOVE

Hmmm. Just watched Knocked Up. A little dodgy.....but it was still. so. hilarious. And sweet, at the end. Haha. Who doesn't like sweet endings, right?

Well anyways, the mother was here over the long weekend. She touched down on Friday morning (and I didn't sleep, fearing I would oversleep and not pick her up) and I had to rush off for dance practice right after I dropped her back at our apartment.

And for the very first time ever, I fell asleep during dance practice. REALLY. We were dancing in groups because of space constraints and while I was waiting for my group's turn, I dozed off until Gen went "right, De Xin?" And I just subconsciously went "mmm, ya.." until I jumped and realised they were correcting the dance. Not to mentioned I dozed off for split seconds while driving to and from dance practice. Hur.

Faith hitched a ride back with me because she was meeting Allison. Had a good catch up with Mummy and then she went off to meet Allison while Mummy and I headed down to Tiamo for lunch.Mummy had risotto! It was REALLY GOOD. I'm ordering that the next time I go back there.

I had the chicken pasta. Can't even remember the name already. That extra cheese on top was from Mummy's risotto HAHA.

She was test-trying the camera and then *FLASH* blinding.

Mummy ordered tea. I had this chocolate fudge cake. Mummy had a pot of rose tea. Absolutely lovely.

That was...not fresh. And the ganache was so rich AND SWEET it totally killed my chocolate craving until I go back to Max Brenner's again in Sydney.

Saturday morning. Dragged myself out of bed early so that I could bring Mummy to Blue Duck for breakfast =). My first time there too!

Mummy's cappucino.

My long macchiatto topped up.

DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THE HEART. The coffee was really good. Thick, strong, smooth and fragrant. Best drink to perk me up in the morning.

Mummy had two poached eggs on toast. She loved it! I don't know how they tasted because I don't like poached eggs so i refused to try them HAHA.

My scrambled eggs and bacon on toast. The scrambled eggs were SO SMOOTH LIKE OMGAWSH and the toast were really really good. Home made toast =).

Aaah breakfast by the beach. Nice huh. =D

After breakfast, I headed down to Curtin for rehearsals. Was SO dead (no sleep on Thursday night and only about 4 hours sleep on Friday night) I had to drink two bottles of coke.

After rehearsal, I drove down to Garden City to meet Mummy. She had arranged a meet up with her distant cousin, whose daughter opened a pharmacy at Broadway Fair, which is only 5 minutes walk from my place, and son is going to study in Canning College.

Didn't have anything to drink or eat while we were all seated at Dome because I was kinda craving for Michel's Patisserie.
Which was kind of disappointing because the black cherry cheesecake I had was so terribly sweet that I couldn't even taste the cheese in the cake and I had to eat the cherry layer separately so that I could totally enjoy the cheesecake.

And the coffee was burnt. They usually have really great coffee and cakes. Mumy and I suspect it was 'cos of the long weekend.

Performance was the next day. Where I woke up with back so sore it made me really nauseous. Popped 2 nurofens when I reached Curtin. Will blog about Easter Sunday again when I've collected all the photos and hopefully videos! =)

signing off~DE XIN

No comments: